Incorrect Angle Display DDMMSS

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Incorrect Angle Display DDMMSS

Postby Donb » Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 am

HI,

I have a unusual display problem in microsurvey 2010. My angles were all displaying correctly DDMMSS format and then when I went to
work on my drawing this morning they started displaying with a A with a bar over it instead of a degree symbol. The MMSS portion of the angle
display was still ok.

I checked the dimension settings, microsurvey system toggles (print degree symbol-on) and have rebooted but no luck.

Any idea what is causing this and how to get my DDMMSS display back?

Thanks,
Don B.
Donb

Re: Incorrect Angle Display DDMMSS

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 am

Hi, This is probably a function of the font file being used. Not all fonts have the same extended characters, so the degree symbol in one font may map to another character in a different font. When opening a drawing, if a font file cannot be found it will be substituted for another font and you'll see a message in your command line indicating this has occurred. If this is a new problem that is affecting all of your drawings, it could indicate that your usual font file may be missing (by default the program uses "msurvey.shx" for most labeling) - check inside your "C:\Program Files\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2010\Fonts" folder to make sure it's there.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Donb » Fri May 03, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks,

I checked out this file as you directed and it exists and in the correct directory.
When I check the angle under edit I would get "90%%d00'00" for example but it
displays with the A with a bar over it in the drawing rather than a degree symbol.

So, still no joy on this and I can't get any drawings out like this!

Don B
Donb

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Don,
This may be a longshot, but type CODEPAGE and make sure both options are set to ANSI_1252. If either is not ANSI_1252 this may be the problem. The System code page is a Windows setting that you would have to change in the Control Panel, and the Drawing code page is a system variable that you can change on that dialog - you might need to restart the program after changing these, if this is the problem. You may want to submit a technical support ticket for further help with this issue.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD