Exporting 2010 toolbars to 2013 and other stuff

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Exporting 2010 toolbars to 2013 and other stuff

Postby fjt_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

2013 Does not have the image toolbar that was in 2010. If I export the Image toolbar from 2010 and import it into 2013 will it work?

Also, is it possible for me to re-jig what appears in the right click pop-up menu (the one that appears when you right click when the grips are on)?

Also, I'm sure there used to be a system variable (cmdlnfont?) that allowed the font in the command line to be changed (we're talking years ago) in Intellicad. Does it no longer work/exist?
fjt_aus

Re: Exporting 2010 toolbars to 2013 and other stuff

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi,

Yes you can transfer toolbars between them by exporting/importing it as a .mnu file in the CUSTOMIZE command. The only exception is the Entity Properties toolbar, because the pulldowns on it are special and don't transfer via these formats. When exporting it, make sure to uncheck all of the toolbars except for the one(s) you want to transfer.

The right click menu is a context-sensitive version of the Modify menu, which you can tweak via the CUSTOMIZE command. The Options button allows you to change which entity types to make each command available with.

You can change the Font size via the OPTIONS command, on the Display tab. I'm not aware of a system variable to control this option. Most of the system variables are well documented in the IntelliCAD Reference section of the help file, or you can view a complete list by typing SET followed by ? at the command line.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby fjt_aus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Many thanks Brian, that is excellent!
fjt_aus

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

Hi, just wanted to let you know we've added the missing Image toolbar into our upcoming service pack - thanks for pointing this out!
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Eric Anderson » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 am

Brian Sloman wrote:The right click menu is a context-sensitive version of the Modify menu, which you can tweak via the CUSTOMIZE command. The Options button allows you to change which entity types to make each command available with.

How do you add commands so that they appear on the menu when you right click on a selected item with grips on? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Step by step process would be cool. :wink:

I would like to add "Match Properties."

Currently using MSCAD2013 v13.3.2.1

Right Click Menu.JPG
Right Click Menu.JPG (158.72 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Postby Eric Anderson » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 am

Eric Anderson wrote:How do you add commands so that they appear on the menu when you right click on a selected item with grips on? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Step by step process would be cool. :wink:

I would like to add "Match Properties."

Heh, figured it out after finding this in another thread and then compared between MSCAD2010 and MSCAD2013.

Brian Sloman wrote:Hi, it is actually just a dynamic, context-sensitive version of the Modify menu that changes depending on the selected entity. Run the CUSTOMIZE command (Tools | Customize), switch to the Menus tab, expand the Modify menu, highlight the desired command from the Menu tree, and press the "Options" button. You can set the various Context Menu checkboxes as desired.

However, it didn't work! The "Match Properties" command still doesn't show up in the "right click menu."

Menu Customization Options.JPG
Menu Customization Options.JPG (40.68 KiB) Viewed 2029 times

Right Click Menu After Customize.JPG
Right Click Menu After Customize.JPG (159.29 KiB) Viewed 2029 times

Suggestions?
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Postby Eric Anderson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 am

Eric Anderson wrote:However, it didn't work! The "Match Properties" command still doesn't show up in the "right click menu."

In fact when I select "All Entities" the "Match Properties" command is REMOVED from the Modify drop down menu on top!

Is that normal?
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Postby Eric Anderson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:56 am

Well, with Brian's help, I figured out how to add the "Match Properties" command back to the right click menu. :)

It's under the "Context" menu under Customize and I had to insert the Match Properties command to where I wanted it.
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Return to MicroSurvey CAD