2014 Issues

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

2014 Issues

Postby ESInc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 am

Has anyone else had trouble with the speed of 2014 compared to 2010? There's almost always a delay in response after a command is typed or even moving the curser to select a line etc. Very frustrating! I have the 14.01 service pack and everything is up to date. I had no issues with speed in 2010 and can find nothing stating that 2014 would require any additional memory to run correctly...

Also finding that some of my lines will randomly become a very small dash *see attached* like they are selected for something, but they are not...only way to get the to correct is to either regen or chprop and re-tell them what they already are supposed to be.

I am also not able to use a window to select the lines I'd like to fillet, now have to click on each line individually which now requires a lot more zooming and waiting for the delay to follow

There are also times when trying to select items where everything is the tiny dash - like it is selected - but not everything should be...as in, I didn't select those lines but they are the same tiny dash as ones I did select...

I'm finding it very hard to be efficient when I'm always waiting on the command or having to re-do things to get them to look right...has anyone else upgrading from 2010 experiencing these problems??
Attachments
DASHED LINE - NOT SELECTED.PNG
line has small dash like it is "selected" for a command
DASHED LINE - NOT SELECTED.PNG (24.34 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
ESInc

Re: 2014 Issues

Postby stp71 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I am having the same issues with the delay of commands in 2014 compared to 2010. We access our files over our network and haven't have any problems with delay until trying to use 2014. When I asked MicroSurvey helpdesk about the issue, they suggested copying files to my desktop to work on them and then copying back to network when finished. This is NOT an acceptable solution in my opinion. At the moment we are all still continuing to use 2010 as 2014 slows down production too much. If anyone else has a solution to this issue, I would love to hear about it.
stp71

Re: 2014 Issues

Postby ESInc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:44 am

Good to know I'm not the only one...I have the files on my C drive and still issues with speed...so I doubt that would fix the problem for you
ESInc

Return to MicroSurvey CAD