Volume issues

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Volume issues

Postby Peter G » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Working out a volume for a stock pile.
Did just as the video. Use one code for the base parameter and then another to survey the pile. I use codes STN for my set up, Bottom of bank for parameter, and Level over the pile. When finished I checked the box so that STN and Level would not be part of the DTM. when checking the TIN, STN was not in the DTM, but Levels still were! Then I unchecked STN, reopen the TIN and the STN showed. So I changed all my Level points to STN and checked the box so that they would not be in the DTM. MY original STN did not show but all the ones that were level, now STN, did show!! So I saved surface and then deleted all the original Level points so that I could create a bottom surface. Then imported the one I saved to work out my volume.
That day I did three other stock piles using different codes.Every time the same thing. Even when the box was checked not to show in the DTM they would.
Any thoughts any one?
Peter G

Re: Volume issues

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi Peter,

When you say "I unchecked STN", where are you unchecking it? You posted this quiet a while ago. Did you ever contact anyone in support?
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Re: Volume issues

Postby Peter G » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 am

I will now as it has happen again to with the latest vision of FG.

Peter
Peter G

Return to FieldGenius