Lock a polyline viewport

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Lock a polyline viewport

Postby DaveR » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:44 pm

I like using a closed polyline with lots of vertices for my viewport window, however, I haven't been able to create it properly using the "layout viewport" icon.

I click "layout viewport". I choose "P" for polyline. I create the polyline then type "C" for close. Then it disappears on me.

So instead of this method, I draw a closed polyline in paperspace, click "layout viewport", choose "E" for entity, choose the polyline and it creates the viewport out of my polyline. Everything is fine in that respect, but when I click on the properties of this new viewport it does not consider it a viewport and does not give me the option to lock it.

Any suggests on either properly creating a polyline viewport or locking my existing one?
DaveR

Re: Lock a polyline viewport

Postby fjt_aus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:33 pm

After you have created your viewport, select it by using a crossing window. At the top of your properties panel the drop-down should now read 'All(2)'. Click on the drop-down and it should show 'Polyline(1)' and 'Viewport(1)'. Select viewport and you can adjust the properties.
fjt_aus

Postby DaveR » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Thanks! This worked perfectly.

I was double-clicking on my viewport to bring up its properties. This doesn't bring up the 'All(2) option. But after playing around with it I noticed that if the properties window is already open and then I click on the viewport it DOES bring up the 'All(2) option. Weird.
DaveR

Postby fjt_aus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Glad I could help.

You could also use the draw order command to send the polyline under the viewport, or I think its also safe to delete the polyline once you have created the viewport as well. (Don't test that theory with something important though :D )
fjt_aus

Return to MicroSurvey CAD