3D Connection for breaklines.

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

3D Connection for breaklines.

Postby Wsabourin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:54 am

I seem to be having an issue when attempting to create 3D breaklines. When I run the automap command, I am given the choice of either 2D or 3D lines. I would like to use the 3D command as I'm doing topo work and need to have breaklines (Sidewalks, driveways, ect.). The problem is, automap doesn't create 3D lines when selecting the 3D option. They are all created in 2D at 0m elevation. Is there something I'm missing?
Wsabourin

Re: 3D Connection for breaklines.

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am

Hi, The dialog with the "3D Lines" and "3D Lines" options is a little misleading, as it applies to using XYZ linework coding. We probably should not show this dialog after pressing the "Process All Connections" button in the AutoMAP Library. If you are using the AutoMAP library to control the linework, take a look at how these particular codes/descriptions are configured in your Library because that will control whether they are drawn 2D or 3D. If you are unfamiliar with the AutoMap Library, please submit a tech support ticket at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com and one of our tech guys can guide you through it.

(Also a quick tip for fixing the 2D linework, you can use the 2D_3D command to convert existing 2D lines to 3D.)
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD