string id# not found

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

string id# not found

Postby Stephen_P » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:16 am

I used MSCAD 2015 and every time I opened the program it displayed "string id 39252 "display or hide audionote icons not found in the resource file" ; 39253 "&hyperlink icons was not found", 39255,39250. The error messages still show up after upgrading to 2016 sp1. They are just nuisance. Are there any ways to fix these issues? Thanks.
Stephen_P

Re: string id# not found

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi, try exiting from MSCAD, then locate and delete the following file, then restart the program again - I think this will cure it.
%APPDATA%\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2016\Default.cui
or
C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2016\Default.cui

If not, try running the OPTIONS command, go to the Profiles tab, select your profile (usually "Default") and click Reset. This will reset your entire profile, including your workspaces which I believe contain the problem, so if you have any custom toolbars, menus, aliases, etc then you'll want to export them first via the CUSTOMIZE command so they can be re-imported afterwards.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Re: string id# not found

Postby Stephen_P » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 am

Thanks Brian. Option 1 doesn't work and I selected option 2. It's caused by that I imported a profile from 2015 into 2016 and apparently incompatible. I have to recreate a profile in 2016. Hope it will be fixed in the next version.
Stephen_P

Return to MicroSurvey CAD