LWT in Paper Space

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

LWT in Paper Space

Postby [email protected] » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello,

When I turn on LWT in paper space I get weird dots on all my lines and objects. I have attached a photo so you can see what I mean.

They eventually disappear when zoomed in close but they are clearly annoying when zoomed out.

I was wondering if it is a result of using PDF 995 as a printer?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Brett
Attachments
LWT DOTS.png
visible only in paper space
LWT DOTS.png (88.44 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
[email protected]

Re: LWT in Paper Space

Postby camptech » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 am

Have you checked settings for Linetype scale / Global linetype scale?

FWIW, and in the any wisdom category, I can only offer a solution I had recently with linetypes not displaying correctly in paper space. In my case fence linetypes displayed correctly in model space, but there were no fence posts whatsoever in paper space (any paper space.)

I found a knowledgebase article that discussed linetypes in paper space along with Linetype scale and Global linetype scale. The solution was to set Linetype scale to 0.5 if Imperial (1.0 if metric), and set the Global linetype scale to match your Drawing Scale Factor (MsTools > MicroSurvey Job Defaults... or _cnf_edit_general).

Type _SETTINGS or try Settings > Drawing Settings (MSCAD 2010) to bring up the Drawing Settings dialogue and select the Entity Creation tab:
DrawingSettings_linetypes_circled.jpg
DrawingSettings_linetypes_circled.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Set
  1. Linetype scale => 0.5 (Imperial) -- or -- 1.0 (Metric)
  2. Global linetype scale => Drawing Scale Factor (_cnf_edit_general or MsTools > MicroSurvey Job Defaults...)
then click [ OK ]
camptech

Postby [email protected] » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks Camptech,

Unfortunately this did not solve the dotting issue but thanks for the help.

on another note i frequently change the line type scale in the properties menu to get the resolution of fence posts or dotted/ dashed lines. just select the line or lines and then under the general tab in the properties box just under line type there is a line scale where the default is 1.000. i usually try changes by a factor 2 up ie 1 -> 3 or .2 1.000 -> .8000 until i find something that looks good in paper space, then i fine tune it form there

thanks again for your time,

B.
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:52 pm

SOLVED!!!!!!!

Through a desire to make the lintype scale consistent on a poly line i found the solution to this problem.

File/printer Options/display/ make sure the "hardware Acceleration" box is unchecked.

kablamo

o and if you have a polyline that is dashed or dot dashed or what ever and it is not showing the pattern in a smaller section because it is to short just high light the line and in the properties box under misc there is a "Linetype generation" change it from false to true and the pattern will not start at each new bend of the polyline
[email protected]

Return to MicroSurvey CAD