If you are experiencing problems during installation of your MicroSurvey product, occasionally our technical support staff may require that you create a log file which may help us determine what the problem is and to come up with a solution.
To create an install log, please do the following:
- Use "Windows Explorer" or "My Computer" and navigate into the folder where your installation file is located.
- Right-click on the installation file and select "Create shortcut"
- Right-click on the shortcut file and select "Properties"
- Click on the "Shortcut" tab.
- Click in the "Target" field.
- Press the "End" key on your keyboard, or hold down the "Right Arrow" key until the cursor is blinking at the very end of the filename
- Add " /lv* log.txt" (without the quotes) after the filename, for example:
C:\folder\subfolder\microsurvey-installation-file.exe /lv* log.txt
- Click OK.
- Click or double-click (depending on your computer settings) on the shortcut file to begin the installation and record a verbose log file named "log.txt".
After the installation has finished, email the "log.txt" file to us for examination. Please note, depending on the size of this file you may need to "zip" it first, as files bigger than about 3-4 MB may not get through the email servers.