FieldGenius 2011 now supports the Australian Geoid Model.
geoid model isn't installed with FieldGenius and must be copied
manually onto each data collector you want to use a AUSGeoid09 geoid file.
Steps to Install:
- Download and unzip the AUSGEOID09.byn file from our website and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where
FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the AUSGEOID09.byn file from your computer into the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use AUSGEOID09 as a Geoid File.
- When you define your coordinate system in FieldGenius, you can set the Vertical System to AUSGEOID09.byn
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to AUSGEOID09.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from the AUSGEOID09 geoid model.