FieldGenius 2011 now supports the Swedish Geoid Models.
We have combined the SWEN08-RH2000 and SWEN08-RH70
geoid models into one zip file so will you get both with this download. Neither model comes installed with FieldGenius, and therefore they must be copied
manually onto each data collector that you wish to use a Swedish geoid model file.
Steps to Install:
- Download and unzip the byn files from our website and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where
FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the SWEN08.byn file that you wish to use from your computer into the MicroSurvey
Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use a SWEN08 as a Geoid File.
- When you define your coordinate system in FieldGenius, you can set the Vertical System to SWEN08.byn
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to SWEN08.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from the SWEN08 geoid model.