This guide explains how to use the Software Serial Number (SSN) or GUID (Globally Unique ID) and the Device ID number generated by your device to register the product online and retrieve your Software License Key. The Software License Key is used to activate the software. This activation process is the same for all MicroSurvey mobile products such as FieldGenius, Evidence Recorder, Seismic Surveyor or other OEM branded versions.
To perform this registration you will need a computer with access to the Internet.
Software Serial Number/GUID
With your purchase you should have received a Software Serial Number/GUID which is a series of letters and numbers that look like this:
· If you do not have your Software Serial Number/GUID, please contact the issuing dealer, distributor, OEM vendor or your sales representative.
· Please keep your Software Serial Number/GUID stored in a secure place for future reference. You will require this Software Serial Number/GUID to retrieve lost passwords or to purchase updates or upgrades for your software in the future.
This guide was written with the assumption that your MicroSurvey software product has already been installed on your device. If this is not the case, please visit our website or contact your dealer, distributor, OEM vendor or sale representative for more information.
Step 1- Retrieve your Device ID number
The Device ID can be found after you install the software on your device and run it for the first time. On start up, all non-activated software will display the About Screen where a Device ID will be shown. You can also access this About Screen from the Menu Home icon inside the software.
NOTES: Please remove any SD memory card or SIM card from the device prior to running the software so an accurate Device ID can be generated.
A typical Device ID will look something like this:
Generating Your Software License Key
Step 2- Online Software License Key Generation
Please read this entire help document before proceeding. When you are ready, proceed by opening the following web page in a separate browser window: www.microsurvey.com/register
NOTE: Your Software Serial Number/GUID is valid for one activation only.
Follow the instructions on the online registration pages to generate your Software License Key.
A typical Software License Key will look something like this:
Once generated please write down your Software License Key and proceed to Step 3.
Step 3 - Activate Device with Software License Key
Using the Software License Key generated by the online registration system, enter the values into the About Screen on your device. NOTE: Only 4 values can be entered into each box and each box must be entered separately.
When done, press the Apply Key. You will see the words "Activation Key Valid" and it will list the modules that were registered. The Run Demo Mode button will also change to say Continue.
There are several modules available:
- Standard - Real-time Automated Linework, COGO Calculations, Traverse Closure and Adjustments, ASCII/DXF Import/Export, , and more!
- Total Station - Adds non-robotic total station control.
- GNSS - adds RTK GNSS (GPS and Glonass) control, Coordinate Calculator, Helmerts' Transformations.
- Advanced - adds Surface Modeling, Roading, LandXML, GIS Attribute Collection, Predetermined Area Calculations
- Robotic - adds Robotic Total Station control.
If you require an upgrade and wish to add any of the modules listed above, all that is needed is a new Software License Key. Please contact your issuing dealer, distributor, OEM vendor or sale representative for more information.
Retrieve Lost Software License Key
The Software License Key that was generated for a specific Software Serial Number/GUID can be accessed anytime from the online registration page (www.microsurvey.com/register). Simply enter the Software Serial Number/GUID and the registration page will reveal the Software License Key registered to that Software Serial Number/GUID.
To run any non-activated copy of software in demo mode press the Run Demo Mode button.
In Demo mode, is limited to storing only 30 points each time it is run, but otherwise it is fully functional.
In Demo mode, has the following limitations, but otherwise is fully functional:
- Each project is limited to contain a maximum of 30 points.
- Any project containing more than 30 points cannot be opened.