STAR*NET V8.1 Online Training
The MicroSurvey STAR*NET Certification training program is now available to you online. Our feedback from previous online sessions has been resoundingly positive. Students enjoy the combination of online discussion, demonstrations, hands-on exercises and interactive assessment and comment they are learning as much as they would in a regular class. You can increase the productivity and value of your company, but without the expense and downtime of travelling to the training facility.
Each session will be recorded and available for a limited time for participants to view online at their leisure. If you are concerned that you may miss one session or if you wish to review a session this is an attractive option.
The training session will cover most features of STAR*NET and a variety of troubleshooting strategies. There will be 16 hours of online instructional time. The training is spread over 4 weeks with an introductory session to show how the online training tools will work.
Sample files and manuals will be provided. No long distance charges will apply, as we will transmit audio over the internet. A PDF Certificate of completion will be mailed at the end of the course.
This program will cover most aspects of using STAR*NET and will cover strategies and techniques for working with leveling data, conventional traverse data and GPS data. Pick here for a more detailed list of topics. Attendees who complete the course will be prepared to:
- Configure STAR*NET for a range of equipment types
- Design and manage a least squares project
- Interpret results from the listing
- Find and resolve typical problems with networks
- Use a variety of data conversion and import strategies
- Combine data from a variety of sources into a single balanced network
Attendees will be required to have STAR*NET V8.1 installed and registered on the computer being used to access training
Attendees will need a speaker and microphone.
Number of Seats Available: 16 of 16
Times and Dates (Pacific Timezone:)
Mon, Oct 6, 2014 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT
Oct 7, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Tue, Nov 4, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Tue, Nov 18, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Tuition: US$600, or US$400 if your maintenance contract is current as of Jan. 9, 2014.
Instructors: James Johnston, B Ed., Geomatics Technologist, Brandon Wampler, Jorden Friesen and Guest instructors TBA
Training Facility: The comfort of your home or office
For information about the course call 1-800-668-3312
Online Registration: Link to the Registration Page. If your maintenance is current please call 1-800-668-3312 to request a discount code after you have completed the first step of registration. Please act quickly, the class will be full soon!
Read more »
MicroSurvey CAD Fundamentals Online
MicroSurvey has re-packaged our classroom training materials and will be offering them to you online. Our experienced trainers will be offering the same combination of hands on activities, software demonstrations and classroom discussion that we offer when providing classroom training, but in an online environment that allows for screen sharing and audio and chatline discussion between attendees and instructors. With online training you can increase the productivity and value of your company, but without the expense and downtime of traveling to the training facility.
The training session will cover basic features of MicroSurvey CAD over 16 hours, spread over 4 weeks with an introductory session to show how the online training tools will work. Pick here for an outline of topics to be covered.
Sample files and manuals will be provided. No long distance charges will apply.
Space is limited and filling up quickly.
Number of Seats Available: 16 of 16
Dates and Times (Pacific Standard Times shown):
Wed, Oct 29, 2014 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT
Thu, Oct 30, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Thu, Nov 13, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Thu, Nov 20, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Tuition: $800 or $600 for MicroSurvey customers with current maintenance
Registration URL: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/990571276492686849
Training ID: 674-577-740
Questions? Please call 1-800-668-3312 or 250-707-0000
Read more »
MicroSurvey Software Inc. is pleased to announce STAR*NET 8.1, the latest and highly anticipated version of the industry-leading STAR*NET least squares network adjustment suite.
According to Brian Sloman, Desktop Products Manager at MicroSurvey, "We worked really hard to create several powerful new productivity tools that all STAR*NET users can take immediate advantage of. The flexible and independent control of conventional, GPS, and leveling data in the network plot, including the new directional arrows which indicate both the direction and number of observations for each network connection, can help you visually identify regions with lower redundancy without having to analyze the listing file. The new .PRISM inline command lets you correct distances without having to make potentially thousands of tedious calculations and manual edits, and the level loop tolerance check lets you immediately confirm whether or not your level loops or traverses fall within the maximum allowable tolerances for a desired standard of accuracy. Toss in the ability to view your data in Google Earth and Google Maps, and it all adds up to a faster and easier least squares analysis."
STAR*NET 8.1 is a FREE upgrade for any STAR*NET users who have a valid (non-expired) Maintenance Subscription and Support Plan.
What's New in STAR*NET 8.1
- Network Plot
- Use the new Network Plot Manager to control your view. All display options are presented together in one intuitive grid view, similar to a CAD Layer Manager.
- Specify the color for each network plot element (like Stations, Connections, and Ellipses).
- Specify the linetype for each network connection type (like conventional observations, leveling observations, GNSS vectors, and sideshots) as Continuous, Directional, Dashed, Dotted, DashDot, or DashDotDot.
- Use your mouse to zoom and pan - zoom in by scrolling up, zoom out by scrolling down, zoom extents by double-clicking the middle mouse button, and pan by dragging with your middle mouse button.
- Prism Offset Correction
- A new ".PRISM" inline option lets you apply a correction for measurements that were collected with an incorrect prism offset setting.
- Google Maps™ Support
- View your network stations in Google Maps by clicking the Map button located in the Find Point dialog. (Compatible with Grid projects only.)
- Google Earth™ Support
- Export your network stations and connections to a .kml or .kmz file and view them in Google Earth. (Compatible with Grid projects only.)
- Level Loop Tolerance Check
- Perform a tolerance check on level loops to validate that they meet required tolerances based on the loop length, and generate a Warning message if the tolerance is exceeded.
- Level Loop Check also now reports the total loop length for each loop in the Listing report, as well as their individual segment lengths.
- Online Updater
- STAR*NET now includes a "Check for Updates" feature, and is also configured to silently check for updates according to your customizable preferences. When an update is available, you will be notified and given the option to download and install it.
- Quick File References
- [F1500] An index column has been added to the Data Input Files Panel, corresponding to the File:Line references in the Listing file, and double-clicking on a : character in the Listing file will now take you directly to the corresponding data file and line number in the Editor.
- Data File Monitor
- [D4440] Data Editor now monitors for any changes that are made by an external program to a loaded data file, and will prompt to reload it from disk.
- [D4654] Data Editor now immediately updates when a loaded data file is changed by Overwriting or Appending to it with the GPS Importer.
- Conversion Utilities
- [F2486] Direct access to all conversion utilities has been added within STAR*NET via the Import menu.
- [F1315] Help buttons have been added to all conversion utilities for direct access to the relevant help topic.
- MicroSurvey FieldGenius Support
- [D6245] STAR*FieldGenius and FieldGenius GPS importer - will now convert OB records from the raw file, which contain COGO measurements, and create BM (Bearing Measurement) records.
- [D6244] FieldGenius GPS importer - will now handle GPS Offset measurements from the raw file, and create new G4 (GPS Offset) records to define the offset from the rover's measured position to the actual point.
- [D6859] FieldGenius GPS importer - will now handle scenarios where the base receiver was changed midway through the raw file without connecting to it to define the base point ID.
- [D6859] FieldGenius GPS importer - is now more tolerant of corrupt data such that latitude/longitude values of zero will be ignored.
- [D6964] FieldGenius GPS importer - when importing vectors without a defined base point ID, the assumed point ID (like RefID0000_1) is now constructed using the Next Vector number to avoid using the same Point ID for different base positions when importing multiple raw files.
- Carlson SurvCE Support
- [F2072] STAR*Carlson - will now convert Resection observations.
- [F2305] STAR*Carlson - can again "Average Shots in Multiple Sets" (this option was available prior to 2009 but had been removed).
- [D5839] Carlson GPS importer - can now import point descriptions with each vector.
- Leica DBX Support
- [F2506] STAR*Leica DBX - the option to Use All Set Observations now applies for any Sets collected with both the Sets of Angles or Traverse applications.
- [D6909] STAR*Leica DBX - The Angular Precision setting for DMS angles was not intuitive; it now controls the number of decimal places for the seconds value (like 2 for DDD-MM-SS.ss) instead of the degrees value (like 6 for DDD-MM-SS.ss).
- [F1934] STAR*Leica DBX - can now export Staking observations as measurement records.
- [F2541] STAR*Leica DBX - will now export Checkshot deltas as comment records.
- [D6880] Custom Coordinate Systems - When defining a custom coordinate system or when viewing coordinate system details, degrees-minutes-seconds format is now used instead of decimal degrees.
- [D6882] Custom Coordinate Systems - When selecting a custom coordinate system, the Projection, Datum and Ellipsoid descriptions may show illegible characters.
- [D6884] Custom Coordinate Systems - After defining a custom coordinate system, it could not be edited or deleted; Edit and Delete buttons have been added to the Coordinate System Details dialog.
- [D6885] Custom Coordinate Systems - When using a custom coordinate system, transformations may occasionally fail resulting in coordinates at 0,0,0.
- [D6897] Custom Coordinate Systems - A crash can occur when adding Global Mapper imagery to the network plot if an unsupported coordinate system is in use.
- [D6898] Custom Coordinate Systems - When defining a custom coordinate system, editable fields now activate on a single-click instead of a double-click, and read-only fields are displayed with a grey background.
- [D6893] Custom Coordinate Systems - A crash may occur or a solution may not converge, when running an adjustment in a project that references a custom system that does not exist.
- [D6942] Custom Coordinate Systems - When defining a custom coordinate system, the specified delta Z value (if applicable) was not saved.
- [D6918] Coordinate Systems - Tab order on the Select Project Coordinate System dialog was improved.
- [D5508] DXF Export - network connections are always exported as 2D, never 3D, regardless of whether the "Export as a 2D DXF File" option is on or off.
- [D6949] Error Log - The Output panel would not automatically switch to the Error Log when only Warnings are reported - it now opens for any Warnings or Errors.
- [D5905] Error Log - A typo in one of the error messages in STAR*DNA conversion utility has been corrected.
- [D6821] Exit - Exiting from STAR*NET while an adjustment is in progress can cause the program to crash.
- [D6889] Help Files - The Microsoft Translator widget used in the Help files started generating script errors and has therefore been removed.
- [D4440] Input Data - The Internal Editor now recognizes if any changes are made externally to the loaded data files and will prompt to reload the file from disk.
- [D4938] Input Data - The .INCLUDE inline option was not reliable.
- [D6883] Input Data - Pressing Ctrl-A to Select All does not do anything.
- [D4472] Input Data - The Input Data Files panel did not support selecting multiple files to enable, disable, or delete at once.
- [D6878] Listing File - Clicking on a section heading in the Listing Index Tree may cause that section to be displayed at the bottom of the Listing view.
- [D5817] Listing File - All section headings may appear inside the "Summary of Files Used and Option Settings" section in the Listing Index Tree.
- [D6973] Listing File - Error Propagation section headers missing the percent characters, like "Confidence Region = 95%".
- [D6895] Modeling - Geoid heights are not applied to sideshots when using a .bin or .byn file.
- [D6917] Modeling - Vertical Deflection Modeling causes an error message.
- [D4849] Network Plot - Text Size and Symbol Size options could default to inappropriate sizes (1.5 and 1.0 points, respectively) that were too small to see.
- [D6967] Output Files – In rare situations it was possible for the editor heuristics to mistake an ANSI file as Unicode, resulting in it being displayed illegibly.
- [D4502] Project Manager - Tooltips showing the complete path and filename of each file shown on the Project Manager may not display.
- [F2207] Project Manager - An option is now available to enable or disable the template data file functionality that was added in STAR*NET 7 when created.
- [D6971] Project Options - Changes made on the Modeling tab would not update the relevant display on the Adjustment tab until closing and reopening the Project Options dialog.
- [D4521] Screen Layout - the default screen layout has been improved such that all panels are now visible by default. Note that the layout is still completely customizable.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8.1 Install (includes all conversion utilities): click here
Existing MicroSurvey STAR*NET users with a current maintenance plan may need to use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
For demonstration purposes, MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 can be run for 10-days as the fully-featured STAR*NET-PRO edition, and beyond that as the limited 10-station STAR*NET-DEMO edition. All of the conversion utilities are also unlocked during this 10-day demo period.
Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Known Issues: click here
Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the STAR*NET install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately): click here
Read more »
MicroSurvey Software Inc. is pleased to announce FieldGenius 7, the next generation of MicroSurvey's powerful survey data collection software. Featuring a redesigned stakout routine, easier project workflows, and enhanced connection capabilities, FieldGenius 7 contains many subtle changes that make a big difference for users.
Note that we have changed the revision part of FieldGenius to better match with the actually software version.
New Features Highlights
- Improved Stakeout Workflow and Graphics – Significantly improved stakeout graphics and workflows. In addition to the traditional map view, you can now choose Compass view or Grid view. Different viewing directions can be selected to suit your preferences, and our new “Next Point” routine provides you with a variety of options to select next point to stake.
- Automatic Instrument Reconnection – Users will now have the option to automatically reconnect to the previous instrument. This will happen in 3 scenarios, when application start-up, when instrument resumes from hibernation, or when device comes back in range after connection was dropped. If the ”always auto-reconnect “option is checked, the instruments will be automatically reconnected without user intervention
- New Project Creation Workflow – Project creation workflow has been revamped. All project settings have been centralized in one location, and can be saved as default for future use. This combined with instrument reconnection allows you to create a new project and go to map view with only 2 clicks, and greatly improves work efficiency.
- User-Defined ASCII Export – User will now have the ability to define unlimited fields and formats in our ASCII export screen.
- Multiple Points Backsight – New Multi-Backsight routine can be utilized to combine multiple control points/directions and calculate a more accurate backsight orientation.
- Bluetooth Device Manager – Added a new Bluetooth Device Manager to store Bluetooth devices. When switching equipment, a user do not need to perform a new search, and the profile can be transferred to other data collectors easily.
- NTRIP Caster Manager – Users can now save all of the NTRIP settings in the caster manager, and can switch between and connect to NTRIP casters without entering the settings again. NTRIP profile file can also be copied to other devices directly.
- GNSS Tolerance Override – Users will now have an option to store GNSS measurements even when position tolerance is exceeded. Warning icons will be displayed when storing points with inadequate status.
Other New Features
- An option has been added to display used/free memory on the map screen for WinCE based versions.
- “Correction Age”, “Auto Skip Measurement statistics” and “Auto Store Measurement” settings has been moved to GNSS Tolerance Profile setting screen for easier management.
- Added support for Columbia geoid GEOCOL2004
- Added support for Korea geoid KNGeoid2013
- Added support for Norway geoid NN2000
- Added support for New Zealand datum NZGD2000
- Added support for Finland coordinate systems ERTS-TM35FIN and ETRS89-GKn (central meridians n= 19-31)
- [F2499] – Added support for Satel SATELLINE-M3-TR3 radio on APS-3 based instruments
- [F2483] – Added support for Telit H24 modem module
- [F1750] – Zenith 10/20 – Added support of mixed static/kinematic raw data logging on receivers.
- [F1750] – Zenith 10/20 – Now supports BeiDou Constellation. BDS tracking is only available with Zenith20.
- [F2363] – Zenith 25 – Added an ability to stream NMEA messages via serial port of the receiver to a third-party device
- [F2364] – Rinex logging can now be enabled via field controllers. BDS is only possible with RINEX 3
- [F2407] – KTS-440 – now supports KTS-440 series of total stations
- [F2501] – iCR60/iCB60 – Added support for iCON 60 Robot and Builder total stations
- [F2475] – Now record covariance and baseline information in raw file
- [F2488] – Nova MS50 - Added Full Dome scanning option in MicroSurvey Layout
- [F2478] – Added Solution types for RTK WL Fixed, RTK L1 Fixed, and RTK Dual Fixed.
- [F2334] – StarFire – Added ETRS89 as one of predefined transformations.
- [F2485] – Added "Source" option in the GLONASS RTK Bias screen and RTK-X (3rd party) option in the StarFire Setup screen. (E.g. supported 3rd party manufacturers are Novatel, Trimble, JAVAD, Topcon, and Leica)
- [F2164] – Added instrument model names to Instrument Information dialog.
- [F1750] – G4/G5 – Added support of mixed static/kinematic raw data logging on receivers.
- [F2412] – S82-N – Added support for S82-N GNSS receiver.
- [F2412] – S82-2013 – Added support for the new XDL radio option in the S82-2013 GNSS receiver.
- [F2453] – S760 – Now supports high precision S760 data collector.
- [F2496] – Added support for Linertec Total Stations.
Defects Fixed (General)
- [D5927] – In point database, Average button will only be active when multiple points are selected.
- [D6051] – Cancelling staking now returns you to Stake Point screen instead of Point Toolbar.
- [D6298] – Shortcut “Select EDM Mode” has been renamed to “Target Manager”.
- [D6684] – Fixed an issue with NAD27 - NAD83 conversion when using VERTCON datum.
- [D6856] – Rephrased an error message when the connection is lost between instrument and controller.
- [D6857] – Fixed a display issue when importing certain MSCAD projects.
- [D6929] – Fixed a Gradian unit typo in Units and Scales screen
- [D6915] – Fixed an issue where custom raw file or automap file name were not saved under certain scenarios
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 install: click here
For demonstration purposes, MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 can be run fully-featured with 30 points per project.
For the Mobile version, please backup the following files as the setup will uninstall any previous version of FieldGenius/Layout.
- Current software license key!
- Any custom coordinate system files
- MSurvey.ini file
- Setting.xml file
Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 Product Page
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 New Feature Page & Overview Video
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 Full Release Notes
Read more »
MicroSurvey is pleased to announce the release of MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014. MicroSurvey Point Prep – built for construction layout and MEP contractors – helps prepare all of the field data needed on a job site, before leaving the office.
Open AutoCAD® .dwg and .dxf files with Point Prep and use the many built-in tools to help you hide or eliminate unnecessary data. Point Prep makes it easy to create coordinates, input plan data from paper plans, create point patterns, compute offset points, create DTM models and prepare as-built drawings. MicroSurvey Point Prep syncs easily with MicroSurvey Layout so points and drawing data can be easily used at the job site for layout.
Point Prep 2014 includes new tools to make your data preparation faster and easier: open the latest AutoCAD 2015 .dwg and .dxf files, use LandXML files to exchange data with other products, use the 3d viewer to review your drawing and surface models, specify the starting point ID and description to use when coordinating drawing entities, use grid line names to automatically set your grid point IDs or descriptions, and much more!
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 today!
Click here to view the complete MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 Release Notes.
- Powered by IntelliCAD 7.2d
- Point Prep 2014 is built on the latest IntelliCAD engine, IntelliCAD 7.2d, which contains over 1650+ fixes since Point Prep 2013.
- AutoCAD® 2013 .dwg/.dxf File Support
- Point Prep 2014 can now automatically convert and open AutoCAD 2013 .dwg/.dxf files (from AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015), then Save them as R12-2010 .dwg/.dxf format.
- Or, use the standalone IntelliConvert conversion utility to manually convert R12-2013 .dwg/.dxf files.
- LandXML .xml File Support
- Point Prep 2014 can now import and export LandXML .xml files for easy data transfer with many third-party applications.
- Import CGPoints, PlanFeatures, Surfaces, Alignments and Parcels from a LandXML file into your current drawing.
- Export CGPoints, PlanFeatures and Surfaces from your current drawing into a LandXML file.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Import from the menus, or type LANDXML_IN at the command line.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Export from the menus, or type LANDXML_OUT at the command line.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Export Range from the menus, or type LANDXML_EXPORT_RANGE at the command line.
- 3D Rendering
- Advanced 3D Rendering capabilities have been added to MicroSurvey Point Prep, allowing you to view your drawing and surface models in an interactive and fluid 3D viewer.
- Use the RENDER command (View > Rendering > Render) to open an interactive 3D viewer window of your current drawing.
- Use the MATERIALS command (View > Rendering > Materials) to add texture images, transparency, and other effects onto surfaces displayed in the Render window.
- Use the INSERTCAM command (View > Rendering > Insert Camera) to insert camera/target pairs into the drawing, which can be jumped to in the Render window.
- Use the EDITCAM command (View > Rendering > Edit Cameras) to insert and edit camera/target pairs in the drawing.
- Drawing Recovery Wizard
- When opening a drawing where the expected .msz database file is not opened, the program will alert you and provide several options.
- A common scenario is if the program crashes, when you reopen the drawing it would always open with the orphaned .msj database folder which may be out of sync with the drawing (the .dwg and .msz files contain everything as of the last save, but the .msj database folder contains everything as of the crash).
- Select a recovery option to reopen the last saved .dwg drawing and .msz database files, the last saved .dwg drawing file with the orphaned .msj database folder (as before), the backup .bak drawing and .mbz database files, the autosave .sv$ drawing and .mz$ database files, and more.
- Archive all drawing and database files in their current state, so you don't have to worry about making the wrong choice and losing any data.
- There is no command to run; the Recovery Wizard will appear automatically if the program detects that an unexpected database file (not the .msz file) is being opened.
- Coordinate System Search
- Search for appropriate coordinate systems, based on a specified latitude/longitude position.
- Select your appropriate system from the search results, and instantly set it as your drawing's Coordinate System.
- Select Geodetic > Coordinate System Search, or type CSSEARCH at the command line.
- Add Points to CAD Objects
- Set the starting point ID and description to use for storing the new points.
- Set the point description based on the selected entity's layer name or block name.
- Set the selection filter to use only the desired entity types, from: Points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, Polylines, Blocks, and Text.
- If any of the layers being drawn to are turned off or frozen, you will be prompted to turn them on and thaw them.
- Select Points > Draw Points > Add Points to CAD Objects from the menus, or type AUTOP at the command line.
- Add Points to CAD Intersections
- When coordinating grid lines, assign names to each grid line like A,B,C,D,... and 1,2,3,4,... and automatically set the ID or Description of the resulting grid points using the grid line names like A-1,A-2,B-1,B-2,...
- Select Points > Draw Points > Add Points to CAD Intersections from the menus, or type COORDINATE_GRID_LINES at the command line.
- AutoSave with Survey Database
- The IntelliCAD AutoSave feature now also saves a copy of the current database.
- The AutoSave folder is your system Temp folder by default, and can be defined in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave drawing file extension is .SV$ by default and can be customized in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave database file extension is .MZ$ and cannot be customized.
- To recover an AutoSave drawing, you must rename the .SV$ and .MZ$ file extensions to .DWG and .MSZ respectively.
- Select Settings > Options from the menus, or type OPTIONS at the command line.
- Labeling Defaults: Width Factors
- Define text widths for all of the text styles in the MicroSurvey Labeling Defaults.
- Select Settings > Labels... from the menus, or type CNF_EDIT_BEARINGS at the command line.
- Points Database: Select Points by Description
- You can now select points by description in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Includes options for case-sensitivity and matching the entire description.
- Go to Select > Select By Description, within the Points Database window.
- Points Database: Coordinate Systems
- You can now view columns showing the Combined Scale Factor for each coordinate.
- You can now view columns showing the Convergence Angle for each coordinate.
- You can now view columns showing the Elevation for each transformed coordinate.
- The Coordinate Systems dialog has been reworked to make it more intuitive and easier to use.
- Go to Tools > Coordinate Systems, within the Points Database window.
- Updated Coordinate System Engine
- The CS-Map coordinate system engine was updated to provide 100% cross-compatibility between MicroSurvey Point Prep and MicroSurvey Layout.
- Hundreds of new coordinate systems and geoids (previously available only for MicroSurvey Layout) are available for download in the MicroSurvey Helpdesk.
- Select a vertical system (ellipsoid or geoid) and perform vertical datum transformations.
Download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014
Click here to download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014.
MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial version for demonstration purposes, or activated with the purchase of a USB license key.
Existing MicroSurvey Point Prep 2013 users with a current (non-expired) maintenance plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Supporting Applications
Microsoft ActiveSync & Windows Mobile Device Center (free, required for data transfer between Point Prep and Layout).
MicroSurvey Transfer (included in the full install, free data transfer utility for MicroSurvey Layout users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center).
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the full install, free utility for activating or updating your USB license key).
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (requires a password to install, must be purchased separately).
Read more »