MicroSurvey Software Inc. is pleased to announce FieldGenius 7, the next generation of MicroSurvey's powerful survey data collection software. Featuring a redesigned stakout routine, easier project workflows, and enhanced connection capabilities, FieldGenius 7 contains many subtle changes that make a big difference for users.
Note that we have changed the revision part of FieldGenius to better match with the actually software version.
New Features Highlights
- Improved Stakeout Workflow and Graphics – Significantly improved stakeout graphics and workflows. In addition to the traditional map view, you can now choose Compass view or Grid view. Different viewing directions can be selected to suit your preferences, and our new “Next Point” routine provides you with a variety of options to select next point to stake.
- Automatic Instrument Reconnection – Users will now have the option to automatically reconnect to the previous instrument. This will happen in 3 scenarios, when application start-up, when instrument resumes from hibernation, or when device comes back in range after connection was dropped. If the ”always auto-reconnect “option is checked, the instruments will be automatically reconnected without user intervention
- New Project Creation Workflow – Project creation workflow has been revamped. All project settings have been centralized in one location, and can be saved as default for future use. This combined with instrument reconnection allows you to create a new project and go to map view with only 2 clicks, and greatly improves work efficiency.
- User-Defined ASCII Export – User will now have the ability to define unlimited fields and formats in our ASCII export screen.
- Multiple Points Backsight – New Multi-Backsight routine can be utilized to combine multiple control points/directions and calculate a more accurate backsight orientation.
- Bluetooth Device Manager – Added a new Bluetooth Device Manager to store Bluetooth devices. When switching equipment, a user do not need to perform a new search, and the profile can be transferred to other data collectors easily.
- NTRIP Caster Manager – Users can now save all of the NTRIP settings in the caster manager, and can switch between and connect to NTRIP casters without entering the settings again. NTRIP profile file can also be copied to other devices directly.
- GNSS Tolerance Override – Users will now have an option to store GNSS measurements even when position tolerance is exceeded. Warning icons will be displayed when storing points with inadequate status.
Other New Features
- An option has been added to display used/free memory on the map screen for WinCE based versions.
- “Correction Age”, “Auto Skip Measurement statistics” and “Auto Store Measurement” settings has been moved to GNSS Tolerance Profile setting screen for easier management.
- Added support for Columbia geoid GEOCOL2004
- Added support for Korea geoid KNGeoid2013
- Added support for Norway geoid NN2000
- Added support for New Zealand datum NZGD2000
- Added support for Finland coordinate systems ERTS-TM35FIN and ETRS89-GKn (central meridians n= 19-31)
- [F2499] – Added support for Satel SATELLINE-M3-TR3 radio on APS-3 based instruments
- [F2483] – Added support for Telit H24 modem module
- [F1750] – Zenith 10/20 – Added support of mixed static/kinematic raw data logging on receivers.
- [F1750] – Zenith 10/20 – Now supports BeiDou Constellation. BDS tracking is only available with Zenith20.
- [F2363] – Zenith 25 – Added an ability to stream NMEA messages via serial port of the receiver to a third-party device
- [F2364] – Rinex logging can now be enabled via field controllers. BDS is only possible with RINEX 3
- [F2407] – KTS-440 – now supports KTS-440 series of total stations
- [F2501] – iCR60/iCB60 – Added support for iCON 60 Robot and Builder total stations
- [F2475] – Now record covariance and baseline information in raw file
- [F2488] – Nova MS50 - Added Full Dome scanning option in MicroSurvey Layout
- [F2478] – Added Solution types for RTK WL Fixed, RTK L1 Fixed, and RTK Dual Fixed.
- [F2334] – StarFire – Added ETRS89 as one of predefined transformations.
- [F2485] – Added "Source" option in the GLONASS RTK Bias screen and RTK-X (3rd party) option in the StarFire Setup screen. (E.g. supported 3rd party manufacturers are Novatel, Trimble, JAVAD, Topcon, and Leica)
- [F2164] – Added instrument model names to Instrument Information dialog.
- [F1750] – G4/G5 – Added support of mixed static/kinematic raw data logging on receivers.
- [F2412] – S82-N – Added support for S82-N GNSS receiver.
- [F2412] – S82-2013 – Added support for the new XDL radio option in the S82-2013 GNSS receiver.
- [F2453] – S760 – Now supports high precision S760 data collector.
- [F2496] – Added support for Linertec Total Stations.
Defects Fixed (General)
- [D5927] – In point database, Average button will only be active when multiple points are selected.
- [D6051] – Cancelling staking now returns you to Stake Point screen instead of Point Toolbar.
- [D6298] – Shortcut “Select EDM Mode” has been renamed to “Target Manager”.
- [D6684] – Fixed an issue with NAD27 - NAD83 conversion when using VERTCON datum.
- [D6856] – Rephrased an error message when the connection is lost between instrument and controller.
- [D6857] – Fixed a display issue when importing certain MSCAD projects.
- [D6929] – Fixed a Gradian unit typo in Units and Scales screen
- [D6915] – Fixed an issue where custom raw file or automap file name were not saved under certain scenarios
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 install: click here
For demonstration purposes, MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 can be run fully-featured with 30 points per project.
For the Mobile version, please backup the following files as the setup will uninstall any previous version of FieldGenius/Layout.
- Current software license key!
- Any custom coordinate system files
- MSurvey.ini file
- Setting.xml file
Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 Product Page
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 New Feature Page & Overview Video
MicroSurvey FieldGenius 7 Full Release Notes
Read more »
MicroSurvey CAD Fundamentals Online is full, but pick on the registration link below to be added to the waiting list for our next training session:
MicroSurvey has re-packaged our classroom training materials and will be offering them to you online. Our experienced trainers will be offering the same combination of hands on activities, software demonstrations and classroom discussion that we offer when providing classroom training, but in an online environment that allows for screen sharing and audio and chatline discussion between attendees and instructors. With online training you can increase the productivity and value of your company, but without the expense and downtime of traveling to the training facility.
The training session will cover basic features of MicroSurvey CAD over 16 hours, spread over 4 weeks with an introductory session to show how the online training tools will work. Pick here for an outline of topics to be covered.
Sample files and manuals will be provided. No long distance charges will apply.
Space is limited and filling up quickly.
Number of Seats Available: Full
Dates and Times (Pacific Standard Times shown):
Introductory Session: Wed, Jul 16, 2014 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT
Thu, Jul 17, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Thu, Jul 31, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Thu, Aug 7, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Tuition: $800 or $600 for MicroSurvey customers with current maintenance
Instructors: James Johnston, Brandon Wampler, Jorden Friesen, Lee Morden (ALS)
Waitlist Registration URL: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/160546648617899009
Training ID: 269-221-852
Read more »
MicroSurvey is pleased to announce the release of MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014. MicroSurvey Point Prep – built for construction layout and MEP contractors – helps prepare all of the field data needed on a job site, before leaving the office.
Open AutoCAD® .dwg and .dxf files with Point Prep and use the many built-in tools to help you hide or eliminate unnecessary data. Point Prep makes it easy to create coordinates, input plan data from paper plans, create point patterns, compute offset points, create DTM models and prepare as-built drawings. MicroSurvey Point Prep syncs easily with MicroSurvey Layout so points and drawing data can be easily used at the job site for layout.
Point Prep 2014 includes new tools to make your data preparation faster and easier: open the latest AutoCAD 2015 .dwg and .dxf files, use LandXML files to exchange data with other products, use the 3d viewer to review your drawing and surface models, specify the starting point ID and description to use when coordinating drawing entities, use grid line names to automatically set your grid point IDs or descriptions, and much more!
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 today!
Click here to view the complete MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 Release Notes.
- Powered by IntelliCAD 7.2d
- Point Prep 2014 is built on the latest IntelliCAD engine, IntelliCAD 7.2d, which contains over 1650+ fixes since Point Prep 2013.
- AutoCAD® 2013 .dwg/.dxf File Support
- Point Prep 2014 can now automatically convert and open AutoCAD 2013 .dwg/.dxf files (from AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015), then Save them as R12-2010 .dwg/.dxf format.
- Or, use the standalone IntelliConvert conversion utility to manually convert R12-2013 .dwg/.dxf files.
- LandXML .xml File Support
- Point Prep 2014 can now import and export LandXML .xml files for easy data transfer with many third-party applications.
- Import CGPoints, PlanFeatures, Surfaces, Alignments and Parcels from a LandXML file into your current drawing.
- Export CGPoints, PlanFeatures and Surfaces from your current drawing into a LandXML file.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Import from the menus, or type LANDXML_IN at the command line.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Export from the menus, or type LANDXML_OUT at the command line.
- Select Import/Export > LandXML > LandXML Export Range from the menus, or type LANDXML_EXPORT_RANGE at the command line.
- 3D Rendering
- Advanced 3D Rendering capabilities have been added to MicroSurvey Point Prep, allowing you to view your drawing and surface models in an interactive and fluid 3D viewer.
- Use the RENDER command (View > Rendering > Render) to open an interactive 3D viewer window of your current drawing.
- Use the MATERIALS command (View > Rendering > Materials) to add texture images, transparency, and other effects onto surfaces displayed in the Render window.
- Use the INSERTCAM command (View > Rendering > Insert Camera) to insert camera/target pairs into the drawing, which can be jumped to in the Render window.
- Use the EDITCAM command (View > Rendering > Edit Cameras) to insert and edit camera/target pairs in the drawing.
- Drawing Recovery Wizard
- When opening a drawing where the expected .msz database file is not opened, the program will alert you and provide several options.
- A common scenario is if the program crashes, when you reopen the drawing it would always open with the orphaned .msj database folder which may be out of sync with the drawing (the .dwg and .msz files contain everything as of the last save, but the .msj database folder contains everything as of the crash).
- Select a recovery option to reopen the last saved .dwg drawing and .msz database files, the last saved .dwg drawing file with the orphaned .msj database folder (as before), the backup .bak drawing and .mbz database files, the autosave .sv$ drawing and .mz$ database files, and more.
- Archive all drawing and database files in their current state, so you don't have to worry about making the wrong choice and losing any data.
- There is no command to run; the Recovery Wizard will appear automatically if the program detects that an unexpected database file (not the .msz file) is being opened.
- Coordinate System Search
- Search for appropriate coordinate systems, based on a specified latitude/longitude position.
- Select your appropriate system from the search results, and instantly set it as your drawing's Coordinate System.
- Select Geodetic > Coordinate System Search, or type CSSEARCH at the command line.
- Add Points to CAD Objects
- Set the starting point ID and description to use for storing the new points.
- Set the point description based on the selected entity's layer name or block name.
- Set the selection filter to use only the desired entity types, from: Points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, Polylines, Blocks, and Text.
- If any of the layers being drawn to are turned off or frozen, you will be prompted to turn them on and thaw them.
- Select Points > Draw Points > Add Points to CAD Objects from the menus, or type AUTOP at the command line.
- Add Points to CAD Intersections
- When coordinating grid lines, assign names to each grid line like A,B,C,D,... and 1,2,3,4,... and automatically set the ID or Description of the resulting grid points using the grid line names like A-1,A-2,B-1,B-2,...
- Select Points > Draw Points > Add Points to CAD Intersections from the menus, or type COORDINATE_GRID_LINES at the command line.
- AutoSave with Survey Database
- The IntelliCAD AutoSave feature now also saves a copy of the current database.
- The AutoSave folder is your system Temp folder by default, and can be defined in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave drawing file extension is .SV$ by default and can be customized in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave database file extension is .MZ$ and cannot be customized.
- To recover an AutoSave drawing, you must rename the .SV$ and .MZ$ file extensions to .DWG and .MSZ respectively.
- Select Settings > Options from the menus, or type OPTIONS at the command line.
- Labeling Defaults: Width Factors
- Define text widths for all of the text styles in the MicroSurvey Labeling Defaults.
- Select Settings > Labels... from the menus, or type CNF_EDIT_BEARINGS at the command line.
- Points Database: Select Points by Description
- You can now select points by description in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Includes options for case-sensitivity and matching the entire description.
- Go to Select > Select By Description, within the Points Database window.
- Points Database: Coordinate Systems
- You can now view columns showing the Combined Scale Factor for each coordinate.
- You can now view columns showing the Convergence Angle for each coordinate.
- You can now view columns showing the Elevation for each transformed coordinate.
- The Coordinate Systems dialog has been reworked to make it more intuitive and easier to use.
- Go to Tools > Coordinate Systems, within the Points Database window.
- Updated Coordinate System Engine
- The CS-Map coordinate system engine was updated to provide 100% cross-compatibility between MicroSurvey Point Prep and MicroSurvey Layout.
- Hundreds of new coordinate systems and geoids (previously available only for MicroSurvey Layout) are available for download in the MicroSurvey Helpdesk.
- Select a vertical system (ellipsoid or geoid) and perform vertical datum transformations.
Download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014
Click here to download MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014.
MicroSurvey Point Prep 2014 can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial version for demonstration purposes, or activated with the purchase of a USB license key.
Existing MicroSurvey Point Prep 2013 users with a current (non-expired) maintenance plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Supporting Applications
Microsoft ActiveSync & Windows Mobile Device Center (free, required for data transfer between Point Prep and Layout).
MicroSurvey Transfer (included in the full install, free data transfer utility for MicroSurvey Layout users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center).
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the full install, free utility for activating or updating your USB license key).
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (requires a password to install, must be purchased separately).
Read more »
MicroSurvey is pleased to announce the release of MicroSurvey Data Exchange 2014!
MicroSurvey Data Exchange is a FREE desktop companion utility for MicroSurvey FieldGenius users who do not use MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD or embeddedCAD, and can be used to exchange FieldGenius projects with any CAD system. Quickly coordinate a CAD .dwg or .dxf drawing file, export it as a FieldGenius project and upload it to a data collector. Or download a FieldGenius project from a data collector, import it into a CAD drawing, review the field measurements, and add accurate annotations. It has very limited editing capabilities, and is not intended as a comprehensive drafting solution. It includes many bug fixes since the initial 2012 release, both in the IntelliCAD engine and in the MicroSurvey commands, and includes relevant improvements that have been made to MicroSurvey CAD 2013 and 2014.
For additional details, view the Release Notes here.
To download MicroSurvey Data Exchange 2014, click here.
Read more »
MicroSurvey Software Inc. is pleased to announce STAR*NET 8, the latest and most powerful version ever of the industry-leading STAR*NET least squares network adjustment suite. Featuring an all-new coordinate system engine with over 3800 predefined coordinate systems, a powerful custom coordinate system editor and direct .bin/.byn geoid modeling support, this brings the power of STAR*NET to users who were previously unable to use it before. This is a FREE upgrade for any STAR*NET users who have a valid (non-expired) Maintenance Subscription Support Program.
New Features in STAR*NET 8
- CS-Map Coordinate System Engine
- The CS-Map coordinate system engine was added to STAR*NET to provide 100% cross-compatibility between all MicroSurvey products including MicroSurvey STAR*NET, MicroSurvey CAD, and MicroSurvey FieldGenius.
- Over 3800 worldwide coordinate systems can now be selected, including all of the UTM and SPCS zones that were previously available and many more that were not.
- Custom coordinate systems can be defined directly inside STAR*NET using the new Coordinate System Editor, which supports many more datum and projection types not available in previous versions.
- NGS and NRC geoid files can now be used directly inside STAR*NET without requiring conversion to the previous .ght format — including Natural Resource Canada's BYN format which was previously unsupported.
- Hundreds of worldwide geoid models are available for download via the MicroSurvey Helpdesk.
Defects Fixed in STAR*NET 8
- [D5779] Find Points - the Find Point panel did not show any whitespace for Tab characters in the matching data lines.
- [T1582] Find Points - the Find Point functionality has been optimized to dramatically increase search speed.
- [D5855] GPS Importer - Error messages did not include the filename in the error message.
- [D5944] GPS Importer - FieldGenius vector importer uses the base antenna reference ID and position instead of the base point ID, coordinate, and antenna height when the base point is defined via a BP record in the raw file.
- [D5854] Input Files - When opening a project with missing input files, the error message which should indicate the missing filename only showed "Ref".
- [D4731] Input Files - the vertical scrollbar was not updated when new files are added, which in large projects could make new files inaccessible.
- [D6280] Input Files - When opening a project with missing input files, the program may crash.
- [D6291] Network Plot - "World Imagery" and other online data sources previously available in the network plot had disappeared due to changes on third-party servers.
- [D5852] Points Reformatter - the "Reformatter File Generation Successful" message was displayed with a Warning icon.
- [F1647] Processing Summary - selected text can now be copied from the Processing Summary panel by pressing ctrl-C, to paste into another document or program.
- [D5672] STAR*Leica DBX - All setup points were written as fixed C records, these are now commented out so they will not unintentionally prevent adjustment.
- [D6289] STAR*Leica DBX - Antenna Heights listed in Vector records caused incorrect elevation values.
- [D6091] STAR*Leica DBX - Inconsistent data from "Sets of Angles v4.60" caused the conversion to stall.
- [D5848] STAR*Leica DBX - Several messages were not translatable in non-English versions.
- [F1995] STAR*Leica DBX - Resection observations were not converted.
- [F1933] STAR*Leica DBX - Sets of Angles observations can now be converted using either the average of each set (as before) or using all observations on both faces.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Install (includes all conversion utilities): click here
Existing MicroSurvey STAR*NET users with a current maintenance plan may need to use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
For demonstration purposes, MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 can be run for 10-days as the fully-featured STAR*NET-PRO edition, and beyond that as the limited 10-station STAR*NET-DEMO edition. All of the conversion utilities are also unlocked during this 10-day demo period.
Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Known Issues: click here
Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the STAR*NET 8 install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately): click here
Read more »