FieldGenius 2011 now supports the Romanian Geoid Model.
This geoid model for Romania does not come installed with FieldGenius, and therefore it must be copied manually onto each data collector that you wish to use this geoid model file.
Steps to Install:
- Click here to Download the byn file from our website and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the Romania.byn file that you wish to use from your computer into the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use the Geoid Model for Romania
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to Romania.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from this Geoid Model for Romania.