6.0.39 - November 12, 2010
6.0.40 - November 16, 2010
6.0.41 - November 17, 2010
6.0.42 - December 15, 2010
6.0.43 - February 21, 2011
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey STAR*NET for the first time, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from Starplus STAR*NET, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey STAR*NET, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the MSSP by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date. If your MSSP has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey STAR*NET Service Pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.39 through v6.0.41 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP SP3. These versions are not officially compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7, however many users are able to successfully use it by either disabling the Windows UAC features or by always running STAR*NET with elevated Administrator privileges, this is set in the properties of the Start Menu and/or Desktop shortcuts. An upcoming STAR*NET release will resolve this issue.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.42 and newer is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows 7.
Full Administrator Privileges are required to install MicroSurvey STAR*NET V6. Limited users can run MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.42 and newer.
A free USB port is required for connecting the USB License Key (to either the local workstation or the license server, as appropriate)
MicroSurvey STAR*NET V6 does not have any other hardware requirements above and beyond what is required by your version of Microsoft Windows.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software. The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed since the initial release of MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.39. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey network license for the first time.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey STAR*NET V6 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For questions and answers on upgrading please visit the MicroSurvey STAR*NET V6 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
For technical support, please visit www.microsurvey.com/helpdesk2 to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP).
To purchase or renew your MSSP, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our online store at store.microsurveysales.com.
Feature Request Forum
Help us make your MicroSurvey product better! To submit a feature request, or to vote on other users' feature requests, please visit our Feedback Forum at feedback.microsurvey.com.
To discuss your MicroSurvey product with other users, please visit our User Forum at www.microsurvey.com/forum.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.39 Notes
- STAR*NET is now licensed via a MicroSurvey USB License Key.
- Most "Help" buttons within the program now display appropriate help topics.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.40 Notes
- Licensing via a MicroSurvey Network License Server is now possible.
- All "Help" buttons within the program now display appropriate help topics.
- Help|Contents menu item could become greyed out after opening a project file.
- Help|About screen now shows product version and licensing details.
- Conversion Utilities updated to show MicroSurvey contact information instead of Starplus.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.41 Notes
- Network Plot Inverse tool produced an error message and did not show any results.
- Network Plot Point Info tool produced an error message and did not show any results.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.42 Notes
- Fixed an "Unable to open project file with exclusive lock." error which could occur when creating a New Project on some Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers.
- Changed the default "Start-in Folder" from within "Program Files" to "My Documents" to improve Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility. If you are upgrading from a previous version, please see the Upgrade Notes topic in our online Helpdesk for information on how this change will affect you.
- Changed the default "Star System Folder" from within "Program Files" to "Common Application Data" to improve Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility. If you are upgrading from a previous version, please see the Upgrade Notes topic in our online Helpdesk for information on how this change will affect you.
- Fixed a problem in the STAR*TDS converter where angles containing exactly zero seconds are incorrectly written with an extra dash, like "123-45--0.00" instead of "123-45-00.00".
MicroSurvey STAR*NET v6.0.43 Notes
- Fixed a roundoff error which could result in Degrees-Minutes-Seconds values (bearings, azimuths, angles, latitudes, longitudes) containing 0.x seconds to be displayed on output with 0.0 seconds instead. For example, "123-45-00.12" could be output as "123-45-00.00". Please note, this issue affected only the output of some decimal seconds values; all adjustment calculations used the correct unrounded values, and any resulting cartesian coordinates were correct.