New Features in STAR*NET 7.1:
- NGS OPUS-RS Report Support - The OPUS report importer now also works with OPUS-RS (Rapid Static) reports.
- Trimble JobXML Vector Importer - GPS Vectors can now be imported from Trimble JobXML (*.jxl) data files, via the Vector Importer command directly within STAR*NET-PRO.
- Trimble JobXML Conversion Utility - A new standalone STAR*JobXML conversion utility (licensed separately) is now available for importing both conventional and/or GPS data from Trimble JobXML (*.jxl) data files.
Defects Fixed in STAR*NET 7.1:
- [D4737] Listing - Listing file can contain incorrect "Elev Diff" values in the "Summary of Unadjusted Input Observations" and "Adjusted Observations and Residuals" sections, and incorrect "Unadjusted Elev Diff" values in the "Traverse Closures of Unadjusted Observations" section. (Please note, all Elevation values in the listing file are correct.)
- [D4150] Adjustment - An "Input Data File Does Not Exist" error message can occur if data file has a T attribute.
- [D4642] Data Files - When adding data files to a project, you could not select multiple files within the Browse dialog.
- [D4768] DXF Export - Point Elevations can be exported incorrectly in Grid projects, due to geoid separation being applied in the wrong direction.
- [D4756] DXF Export - The default path and filename can be incorrect after opening a .prj project file.
- [D4766] DXF Export - Network Station Connections may not be exported if the Relative Ellipses option is disabled, if they are both a Network Station Connection and a Relative Ellipse Connection.
- [D4767] DXF Export - Description and Elevation labels can stack above eachother in some situations.
- [D4722] DXF Export - The Layers dialog contains an unused, blank column.
- [D4723] DXF Export - The "Reset to StarNet V6" button would place spaces into the layer names.
- [D4723] DXF Export - The "Reset to StarNet V6" button has been relabeled "Reset to Factory Defaults"
- [T0906] DXF Export - Improved Layer Defaults are now provided on a clean install. (Note, if you have an existing DXF_Layers.def file it will not be overwritten on install.)
- [D4481] DXF Export - When exporting a DXF file from a Lev project without horizontal coordinates, a dialog now appears showing a list of which coordinates are missing.
- [D4720] GPS Import - When importing vectors from a Leica .asc file, "Incomplete Vector Data" error messages would occur and the import would fail.
- [D4727] GPS Import - When importing vectors from a FieldGenius .raw file, stake shots not stored in the points database would result in "Missing Value Error in Field: point name" errors and the import would fail.
- [D4777] GPS Import - When importing vectors from a Topcon .tvf file, the "Import Descriptors When Present" option may not import descriptions for base receiver points.
- [D4369] GPS Import - When importing vectors, it was possible to overwrite an input file by selecting it as the output file.
- [D4544] GPS Import - The Error Log needs a horizontal scrollbar in order to view long error messages.
- [D4668] GPS Import - The Input Files list needs a horizontal scrollbar in order to view long paths and filenames.
- [D4755] GPS Sideshots - The Special Project Options to produce Error/Warning messages for any Sideshots to a non-unique Point ID were not being honoured for GPS Sideshots.
- [T0781] Network Plot - The "Pan" and "Center on Point" toolbar buttons in the Network Plot have been improved by removing the magnifying glass from their icons.
- [D4080] Points Reformatter - When changing the file extension in the points reformatter tool, the Cancel button acts as a Reset button rather than a typical Cancel button.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7.1 Install (includes all conversion utilities):
Existing MicroSurvey STAR*NET users with a current maintenance plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET can also be run in a 10-station limited trial version for demonstration purposes.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Product Website:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Online Training Movies:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Release Notes:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Upgrade Notes:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Known Issues:
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the STAR*NET 7 install):
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (requires a password to install, must be purchased separately):