STAR*NET V7 Training
MicroSurvey will be hosting a two day training session in the use of MicroSurvey STAR*NET.
Key Least Squares Concepts
- Least Squares vs Traverse adjustment
- Field Data acquisition procedures (aliases, /# options in FG)
- Redundancy/Degrees of Freedom
- Network Summary/ chi square test
- View Network examples
- Understanding Standard Errors
- Looking at key manual entry codes
- Looking at inline options
- Using the FieldGenius convertor
- "Sort Residuals by size" to identify outliers
Managing STAR*NET Jobs
- Project and Company Settings
- Instrument Library
- Coordinate Systems
- Geoid modeling
- Importing Vectors
- Finding blunders using data off/on inline options
Other types of GPS Data
- Opus Station Reports
- RTK Vectors
- Finding Blunders with "Loop Check"
- Combine Levelling and GPS data
Networked computers, sample files and software will be provided.
Space is limited and filling up quickly.
Number of Seats Available: 16
Date: June 10-11, 2013
Time: 8:15 am - 4:15 pm daily (approx)
Instructor: James Johnston, B Ed., Geomatics Technologist, Manager of Support and Training at MicroSurvey
Training Facility: Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, Ontario
Room N231 at North Campus, 205 Humber College Blvd., Toronto
North Campus Area Map
Suggested Accommodations: Comfort Inn Airport North
View Larger Map
For information about the course contact James Johnston or call 1-800-668-3312.
To register contact Marc Veinotte or call 1-800-668-3312.
Read more »
MicroSurvey is pleased to announce a major service pack update for MicroSurvey CAD 2013. This latest version of MicroSurvey CAD – built for surveyors, contractors and engineers – is powered by the latest IntelliCAD 7.2a engine, and is available in 5 product levels: Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio
The new IntelliCAD 7.2a engine has over 700+ fixes since the release of IntelliCAD 7.2 which was used in MicroSurvey CAD 2013, and has new support for opening AutoCAD 2013 .dwg/.dxf files.
According to Brian Sloman, product manager for desktop products at MicroSurvey, "The over 700+ fixes included in the IntelliCAD 7.2a engine provide our users with a dramatically improved overall experience, and being able to open AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2014 drawing files maximizes their ability to work with drawings from third-party sources. On top of the improvements to the CAD engine, several important new surveying-related features have also been added which we know our users are going to love: full 3D rendering in MicroSurvey CAD Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio; view point cloud data from LiDAR and 3D scanners and draw or create surface models directly within that point cloud data in MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate and Studio; design and record keyframe animations in MicroSurvey CAD Studio; an enhanced Autosave that now backs up the survey database; and many other enhancements that have been added."
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1 today!
Complete MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
New Features in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1
- Powered by IntelliCAD 7.2a
- MicroSurvey CAD 2013 is built on the latest IntelliCAD engine, IntelliCAD 7.2a. See below for a summary of what's new.
- MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate & Studio editions
- Development work on integrating the Hoops3D graphics engine and the Leica pcE point cloud engine with IntelliCAD 7 is complete.
- MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Ultimate is now available, with the same powerful point cloud capabilities as MicroSurvey CAD 2010 Ultimate.
- MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Studio is a new edition that adds powerful 2D/3D keyframe animation capabilities on top of the MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate feature set. Animate symbols and camera views through your drawing and/or point cloud, and produce the animation as an .avi video.
- The Hoops3D graphics engine has been updated to v19.26 for maximum performance and stability.
- This re-introduces all 3d rendering capabilities previously available in MicroSurvey CAD 2010, including: RENDER, INSERTCAM, EDITCAM, FIXCAMERAS (available in Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio versions).
- This re-introduces all point cloud capabilities previously available in MicroSurvey CAD 2010, including: PCLW, and the PCI Conversion Utility (available in Ultimate and Studio versions).
- This re-introduces all animation capabilities previously available in PointCloud CAD 2010, including: ANIM, ANIMRENDER (available in Studio version).
- AutoCAD® 2013 .dwg/.dxf File Support
- MicroSurvey CAD 2013 can now automatically convert and open AutoCAD R2013 .dwg/.dxf files, then Save them as R12-R2010 .dwg/.dxf format.
- Or, use the standalone IntelliConvert conversion utility to manually convert R12-R2013 .dwg/.dxf files.
- Improved Job Defaults dialog
- The General Configuration Options dialog that appears when opening a new or existing drawing has been improved with options to select the drawing's AutoMAP Library file, Feature List File (for GIS data), and Coordinate System.
- The obsolete MicroSurvey 10/11/12 database field has been removed from this dialog and moved to a new command (MsPoints | Other Program Ties | MicroSurvey 10/11/12 | Set MS10/11/12 Database).
- Copy Between Drawings
- The Copy Between Drawings command (previously available in MicroSurvey CAD 2010) has been rewritten to work with IntelliCAD 7.
- Select Modify | Copy Between Drawings from the menus, or type MSCOPY at the command line.
- Align Between Drawings
- A new Align Between Drawings command is now available for copying and aligning entities between two open drawings.
- Select Modify | Align Between Drawings from the menus, or type MSALIGN at the command line.
- Export Leica iCON
- A new Export Leica iCON command is available to export points and linework for use in a Leica iCON project.
- Select MsTraverse | Write Collector Files Out | Leica iCON from the menus, or type EXPORT_ICON at the command line.
- Auto-Add Points to Blocks & Text
- The Auto-Add Points to Objects command now supports Blocks, and will store a point at the Insertion Point of any selected Block entities.
- The Auto-Add Points to Objects command now supports Text, and will store a point at the Insertion Point of any selected Text entities.
- Select MsPoints | Auto-Add Points to Objects from the menus, or type AUTOP at the command line.
- FieldGenius SyncWizard Default Folder
- The default FieldGenius SyncWizard Import/Export folders have been moved to make them more easily accessible.
- Old location, Windows XP and earlier: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2013\SyncWizard\Downloads, Uploads
- Old location, Windows Vista and newer: C:\ProgramData\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2013\SyncWizard\Downloads (or Uploads)
- New location: My Documents\MicroSurvey\SyncWizard\Uploads, Downloads
- Note, the SyncWizard Import/Export commands will default to the new location only if the old location is empty. If any projects are found in the old location, it will still be used as the default until you remove them.
- You will need to install MicroSurvey Transfer v22.214.171.124 or newer for it to automatically use the new default folders.
- Rescale Drawing Wizard
- Easily rescale drawings from one base unit to another.
- It is typical for architectural drawings to be in either inches or millimeters, and these drawings need to be rescaled to feet or meters.
- Select MsTools | Rescale Drawing Wizard from the menus, or type DWG_RESCALE at the command line.
- AutoSave with Survey Database
- The IntelliCAD AutoSave feature now also saves a copy of the current database.
- The AutoSave folder is your system Temp folder by default, and can be defined in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave drawing file extension is .SV$ by default and can be customized in the OPTIONS command.
- The AutoSave database file extension is .MZ$ and cannot be customized.
- To recover an AutoSave drawing, you must rename the .SV$ and .MZ$ file extensions to .DWG and .MSZ respectively.
- Select Tools | Options from the menus, or type OPTIONS at the command line.
- Lot Table
- Draw a table detailing the lines, arcs and points that define a lot, along with its area and perimeter.
- Select MsAnnotate | Add Tables | Add Lot Table from the menus, or type LOT_TABLE at the command line.
Important Fixes in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1
- [D5540] Active Coordinate Editor - A crash may occur when Rotating, Scaling, or Shifting a large number of points.
- [D5564] Active Coordinate Editor - Remove Selection from DTM can cause a crash if all points are removed from the surface.
- [D5598] Alphanumeric Points - Dashes in alphanumeric point IDs can cause the program to stop responding when iterating through the database in some situations.
- [D4206] Alphanumeric Points - Incrementing alphanumeric point IDs had some inconsistent behaviour. For example, the Next point after "a" may be either "a0" or "a1" depending on the command.
- [D0000] Areas - FASTAREA (Area by Selecting Objects) command could calculate incorrect area if the boundary contains arc segments.
- [D5910] Areas - FASTAREA (Area by Selecting Objects) command could become unstable and crash if a Spline is selected as a bounding entity.
- [D5649] Assistant - MicroSurvey Assistant dialog can disappear behind the main window.
- [D5812] AutoMap Library - A crash can occur when processing large projects (ie, more than 4000 points).
- [D5935] AutoMap Library - Switching drawings did not force the AutoMAP library to switch.
- [D5684] AutoSave - A crash can occur if an AutoSave occurs while editing Text via the Entity Properties panel.
- [D5955] AutoSave - AutoSave can occur in the middle of some commands, which can cause error messages and/or a crash.
- [D5660] Batch COGO - When processing a Batch COGO file, the program can stop responding at the "Pick the side you want the bearing placed/Above/Below" prompt.
- [D5638] Export ASCII - a crash can occur when exiting the Export ASCII command by pressing <Enter> instead of <Esc> at the Enter Point or Range prompt.
- [D5618] Export FieldGenius - The FG_MAKE_PROJ command can produce an "Error PA2T4S" while building the DXF file if it includes any curve-fitted polylines, spline-fitted polylines, splines, or hatches.
- [F1954] Export FieldGenius - Added a "Use R12 DXF Format" option to control whether DXF is written as R12 format.
- [D5956] Export FieldGenius - Exporting a FieldGenius XG2 project can cause a crash if overwriting a project that is currently open or in use.
- [D2352] Export FieldGenius - After exporting a FieldGenius 2004+ project you cannot open the generated .DXF file until the program is restarted.
- [D6011] Export FieldGenius - When exporting a FieldGenius XG2 project, the "Include Text" option is now hidden because it is not applicable.
- [D5768] Export Google Earth - Points with large IDs may not be exported to the KML/KMZ file.
- [D5629] Hot Toggles - Closing a drawing did not immediately update Hot Toggles with the settings in the new current drawing.
- [D5596] Import FieldGenius - The SYNCWIZARD command did not detect if the FieldGenius project units did not match the drawing units, this has been fixed and you are again prompted to change the drawing settings when they do not match.
- [D5746] Import FieldGenius - The SYNCWIZARD command may not interpret the version number correctly from comment records like "--FieldGenius v 126.96.36.199 (2012-03-29)"
- [D5624] Import Leica DBX - An incorrect HI value can be reported in cases where a spur point is set off of a traverse point from the main traverse line, then topo measurements are taken from that spur point, and another spur point is set for taking additional topo measurements.
- [D5792] Import TDS RAW/RW5 - The last data line in the file may be skipped if the file does not end with a blank line.
- [D5842] Independent Point Numbers - IPN labels are displayed in the wrong position after a zoom extents.
- [D5909] Independent Point Numbers - IPN labels are displayed in the wrong position when in a UCS. As a temporary partial fix, IPNs are now disabled when in a UCS until this can be fixed.
- [D5991] Independent Point Numbers - IPN labels are not immediately updated when opening/switching a drawing.
- [D5992] Independent Point Numbers - IPN labels are not immediately updated when storing new points in a drawing.
- [D4167] Independent Point Numbers - Closing a drawing did not immediately update IPNs with the points in the new current drawing.
- [D3037] Labeling Defaults - Truetype fonts located in your system Fonts folder (for example, Arial.ttf) could not be specified in the Labeling Defaults dialog.
- [D5666] Labeling Defaults - Truetype fonts located in your system Fonts folder (for example, Arial.ttf) could cause "Font not found" error messages when drawing text.
- [D5622] Layer States - The LAYERSTATE command did not work, this has been fixed.
- [D6041] Licensing - Network License was not immediately released on exiting from the program, until timing out 180 seconds later.
- [D5603] Linework - When erasing entities in a drawing that have unexpected EED, a crash could occur.
- [D5625] Linework - The PASTEORIG (Paste to Original Coordinates) command did not remove EED from the entities being copied, so further edits could inappropriately update the database.
- [D5718] Linework - Trimming a survey line removes the line from the database and erases its Bearing/Distance labels.
- [D5766] Linework - Deleting a layer via EXPLAYERS (Layers Explorer) that has points on it does not delete the points from the database.
- [D5494] Linework - Erasing a DIM can cause lines to be removed from the database.
- [D5997] Linework - Editing the length of a survey line via LEN command did not remove the line from the database.
- [D5998] Linework - Moving a line by dragging it did not remove the line from the database.
- [D6007] Linework - Moving a survey arc can cause the arc to be erased from the drawing if the "Draw lines/arcs" hot toggle is off.
- [D4765] Log File - Writing to the .rtf log file can cause a crash and persistent "Error opening log file?" messages.
- [D5690] Pad Builder - The BUILD_PAD command can produce odd warning messages about having an invalid number of decimal places while you are inputting an angle.
- [D5701] Pad Builder - The BUILD_PAD command can produce a crash if the "Reset start point and direction" button is pressed.
- [D5715] Quick Posts - a crash can occur when exiting the Quick Posts command by pressing <Enter> instead of <Esc> at the Select Point prompt.
- [T1537] Regen Notifications - REGENTOOLTIP system variable is now set to Off by default. This causes the program to automatically regenerate your drawing instead of displaying the popup notification that a regen is required.
- [D5657] Roading - When editing the Vertical Curve Length in a Vertical Alignment, the curve is redrawn properly but its extended entity data is not updated, so the previous Curve Length value may continue to be used.
- [D2048] Save - SAVEAS did not immediately create the new filename’s .msj database folder until a database-accessing command would run.
- [D5929] Save - SAVEAS to a new filename also saves the original filename’s .msz database file, which may cause the drawing and database to get out of sync.
- [D3425] Save - SAVE to a new filename also saves the original filename’s .msz database file, which may cause the drawing and database to get out of sync.
- [D5980] Save - SAVEALL saves all open drawings with the current drawing’s .msz database file. As a preventative measure we have temporarily removed the SAVEALL command until this can be fixed.
- [D5694] Scale Factors - Scaling an input distance at the command line with the "s" suffix (like 100s) may result in a "Not a valid distance" error message.
- [D5960] Scale Factors - Scaling an input distance at the command line with feet/inches entry (like 10'6") does not work, result is in inches instead of feet.
- [D5863] Scale Factors - Existing Point Traverse (Old) command can write garbled "Direction of error" result if an Output Scale Factor is used.
- [D5901] Scale Viewport - The SCALE_VPORT (Scale Layout Viewport) command did not work with non-rectangular viewports. It now also supports polygonal, circular, elliptical, and splined viewports.
- [D5606] Snapping - Enabling Polar Snapping or Entity Snap Tracking modes may not work reliably because the AUTOSNAP system variable would not accept any value greater than 39.
- [D5653] Surface Modeling - The SVOL (Surface Volume) command's Volumes and Average Values report may generate incorrect Plan Area and Average Thickness values.
- [D5722] Surface Modeling - The CELEV (Change Elevation) command can produce an error message "Select is not an available tear-off menu name" immediately upon starting the command.
- [D5740] Surface Modeling - The SPLAN (Surface Plan View) command generates an error "Unable to recognize command ._PLANVIEW"
Important Fixes in IntelliCAD 7.2a
The following list details some of the new 700+ fixes that were implemented since the initial 7.2 release.
- Performance enhancements
- Improved performance for drawings with underlays, including snap, pan, zoom, and entity creation.
- Improved regeneration when working with linetypes.
- Several fixes for print preview.
- Fixed some cases where the print area was cropped improperly.
- Improved pen widths.
- Fixed printing of OLE objects.
- Fixed lineweight of diameter and radius dimensions.
- Fixed editing of dimension text when using STRETCH.
- Snapping and tracking
- Fixed issue with intersection snapping when drawing entities.
- Guidelines improved for polar and entity tracking and all entity snaps are turned on.
- Fixed entity snaps when using STRETCH.
- Fixed snapping to grip points during grip editing.
- Fixed nearest snap after changing the viewpoint.
- Fixed entity snaps when using Polyface Mesh command.
- Fixed cases where text inside blocks was not positioned properly.
- Multiple fixes for exploding blocks.
- Fixed insertion point of blocks with dimensions.
- Fixed regenerating raster images in blocks.
- Multiple fixes for SPELL.
- Fixed text height issue when working with annotative text.
- MTEXT dialog oblique display improved.
- Fixed -HATCH with HPNAME set to a new pattern.
- Improved handling of hatch display when pattern is to dense to display.
- Fixed issue with custom hatch patterns.
- Fixed issue when moving associative hatches.
- Raster images
- Fixed issue with negative viewing and printing of some raster images.
- Image selection fixed when working with grids.
- Transparent ZOOM fixed when working with the IMAGECLIP command.
- Fixed the ATTACH command for raster images.
- Image printing fixed when fading is set to 0.
- Fixed use of positioning files for images.
- Fixed "keep aspect ratio" option for raster images.
- Clipping fixed for images with rotated UCS.
- More fixes
- Issues fixed for opening drawings with AEC objects.
- Fixed loading of linetypes from icad.lin in reported cases.
- Several fixes when using grips, including entity display, z-coordinate issues, and image frame display.
- Cross polygon selection fixed for reported zoom levels.
- Fixed DIVIDE when working with blocks.
- Fixed OFFSET for ellipses.
- Fixed selection of hidden shapes.
- Fixed issues with CHSPACE command.
- Fixed TRIM command when working with infinite lines.
- Multiple fixes for rotation.
- Multiple display fixes, including for ACIS objects, viewing multiple viewports, ZOOM+E, HIDE command, and grips.
- Fixed issues with DVIEW command.
- Fixed WP selection for non-world view.
- Fixed cursor position during tablet use.
- Fixed z-coordinate issue for Box command options.
- Export to PDF improved.
- Options > Paths/Files tab improved.
- New system variables
- AECOBJECTS, AUTOCOMPLETEMODE, DEFSAVEASTYPEINDEX, ETRACKDELAY, EXPXREFVISIBILITY, FINDTEXTINT, GRIDDISPLAY, GRIDMAJOR, GRIDSTYLE, GRIPBYKEYBOARD, LTYPEGEN, MTEXTOBLIQUECOLOR, MTEXTSTACKEDCOLOR, PRINTAUTOROTATE, WNDSHOWPROP.
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1 Full Install: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1 can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial period for demonstration purposes.
Existing MicroSurvey CAD users with a current (non-expired) maintenance subscription support plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) to continue running this version beyond the 30-day trial period. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey Transfer (free add-on for FieldGenius users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center): click here
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the MicroSurvey CAD install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately, required a password to install): click here
MicroSurvey PCI Conversion Utility for FARO 5.1 (free conversion utility for FARO users): click here
View Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey CAD Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey CAD Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Tour Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Known Issues: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Frequently Asked Questions: click here
Read more »