Exporting Conventional Data from Trimble Business Center or Spectra Precion Survey Office using a Stylesheet
Posted by James Johnston on 12 July 2012 02:33 PM
Trimble and Spectra Precision provide their customers with a Stylesheet which can be used to convert conventional traverse data from the .job file directly to a STAR*NET format .dat file.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Ensure you have Trimble Business Center or Spectra Precision Survey Office installed (the free or demo edition reportedly has all the functions you will require.)
2. Download the .job file from your data collector.
3. Download the stylesheet "Traverse Format Starnet.xls" from this webpage:
http://www.trimble.com/tsc_ts.asp?Nav=Collection-32914 ... and take note of the location you have saved it.
4. Open the program, Start a new project and import the .job file which you downloaded from the controller in step 2
5. Open Reports | Job Report Generator
6. Select the .job file from the Job file pull down
7. Select the Style sheet you imported in step 3
8. Save as...and enter a name for the file. The extension will default to txt but you can change it to .dat if your desire.
9. Pick OK and the newly created file will open in Notepad
10. Now you can open STAR*NET and import the txt or dat file into your project.