2010 DWG/DXF drawing files (from AutoCAD® 2010/2011 products) are now supported by the following MicroSurvey Products:
Read 2010 DWG/DXF, Write 2007 DWG/DXF support:
- MicroSurvey CAD 2010 SP1 v10.2.0 (or newer)
- PointCloud CAD 2010 SP2 v10.1.0 (or newer) - COMING SOON
- MapScenes Forensic CAD 2010 SP2 v10.3.0 (or newer)
- MapScenes Capture 2010 SP2 v10.3.0 (or newer)
- MapScenes Point Cloud 2010 SP1 v10.4.0 (or newer) - COMING SOON
Full 2010 DWG/DXF Read/Write support:
- MicroSurvey inCAD 2010 v10.1.0 for AutoCAD 2010 (or newer)
2010 DWG/DXF drawing files are not supported in any previous version of the products listed above.
2010 DWG/DXF drawing files are not supported in any version of any product not listed above.
Aside from MicroSurvey inCAD for AutoCAD, all of the above listed products use the newest IntelliCAD 6.6 engine which natively supports DWG 2007 format drawings, so it can automatically open drawings from any AutoCAD version up to 2009. However, DWG 2010 format drawings must be converted in one of two ways, in order to be opened in your MicroSurvey or MapScenes product:
Instructions: Method 1 - Open the DWG/DXF File directly
If you open a 2010 DWG/DXF file in one of the above listed MicroSurvey or MapScenes products, you will see the following message:
Error: Invalid Dwg Version.
Unable to open the requested file: "C:\Jobs2010\MyDrawing.dwg".
Only drawing versions 2.5 through version 2007 are supported.
Do you want IntelliCAD to attempt to convert this file?
(It can takes several seconds or minutes depending of the file size)
Click the Yes button, and after a moment you should see a confirmation message that the drawing was converted, and it will then open up.
When you Save the drawing, it will be saved as a 2007 DWG format (or earlier, depending on your Default Save Format as specified in the Options command).
Instructions: Method 2 - Use the IntelliConvert conversion utility
You may also opt to use the new IntelliConvert utility, to convert a single drawing file or multiple drawing files, to a format of your choosing.
Launch IntelliConvert by clicking on the appropriate shortcut in your Start menu, for example...
- Start | Programs | MicroSurvey | MicroSurvey CAD 2010 | IntelliConvert
- Start | Programs | MapScenes Forensic CAD 2010 | IntelliConvert
- Start | Programs | MapScenes Capture 2010 | IntelliConvert
Choose your desired conversion method, either "Single file" or "Multiple files" then press Next.
If you selected Single File:
- Under Input File, press the ... button to browse to your 2010 DWG file.
- Under Output File, you can either leave the default filename (which will overwrite your 2010 file with the converted version) or specify a new filename.
- Under Output File, sselect your desired output format which by default is "2007 Drawing".
- Optional, turn on the "Convert more files" option if you would like to convert additional files after this one.
- Press Finish.
If you selected Multiple Files:
- Under Input Folder, press the ... button to browse to the folder containing your 2010 DWG files, and select the Process Subfolders option if desired.
- Under File Types, check the file extensions (.dwg or .dxf) that you want to convert.
- Press Next.
- You will see a list of all files that will be converted - press Back if you need to change the selected folder or file types.
- Press Next.
- (optional) Under Folders, you can use the ... button to browse to a new location to place the converted files.
- Under Options, set the New Version to "2007 Drawing".
- (optional) Under Options, you can select from any of the options presented to handle overwriting/skipping/renaming the converted files.
- Press Next.
- You will see a dialog showing the progress of your batch conversion process.
- (optional) Turn on the "Save log to file" checkbox if you want to save the results log.
- Press Close.
- You can now open the converted files directly into your MicroSurvey/MapScenes 2010 product.