New Features in STAR*NET 7.2:
- Network Plot Imagery
- Enhance your network plot with georeferenced raster images and other data files, using local files or online sources.
- Over 150 supported file formats including Raster Images, DWG/DXF Drawings, Shapefiles, MrSID, LiDAR, GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, Microstation DGN, ASCII Coordinates, ESRI, ERDAS, Garmin, KML, COLLADA, Sketchup, and many many many more...
- Stream online imagery from any WMS (Web Map Service), WCS (Web Coverage Service), OSM (OpenStreetMap Tiles), Google Maps Tiles, or TMS (Tile Map Service) source.
- Multilanguage Translations
- STAR*NET can now be translated into any language, and STAR*NET dealers and users across the globe are already hard at work translating the program. Please contact MicroSurvey Software Inc for information on specific languages, or to help translate STAR*NET into your language.
- STAR*NET and all of the conversion utilities are now Unicode compatible to support non-latin character sets. An option to encode all input and output files as either ANSI or Unicode is available in the new Language Selection dialog.
Defects Fixed in STAR*NET 7.2:
- [D4815] Adjust Network - If a project is adjusted using the default Fixed StdErr constants (linear=1.00000e-007, angular=1.00010e-003) the Station Coordinate Error Ellipses section in the Listing may inappropriately indicate that fixed points have a non-zero error ellipse size, such as a length of 0.000001 on each axis.
- [D4819] Adjust Network - If a project contains both orthometric and ellipsoidal observations to the same point, the error factor of that point may be computed incorrectly.
- [D4817] Adjust Network - If a project filename contains a dot (ie, "my.project.snproj") then that project could not be adjusted.
- [D5084] GPS Sideshots - In a grid project containing GPS sideshots, if geoid modeling is enabled the computed elevations of the GPS sideshots did not have a geoid separation height applied.
- [D5083] GPS Sideshots - In a grid project containing GPS sideshots, the Find and Inverse tools in the network plot did not display the ID of any GPS Sideshots.
- [D4670] GPS Importer - When changing an output filename, a default .gps extension is now added.
- [D4882] GPS Importer - When changing an output filename, the *.dat and *.gps filename filters did not show the matching files.
- [D4883] GPS Importer - When changing an output filename, a crash may occur if you select a reserved filetype.
- [D4811] GPS Importer - When importing Trimble JobXML .jxl files, potential error messages did not include the offending filename.
- [D4901] GPS Importer - When importing Trimble TSC .dc files, a position or vector record that is marked invalid could cause a crash.
- [D4825] OPUS Stations - Blunder detection was not applied.
- [D4826] OPUS Stations - OPUS Centering inline option (.OPUS CENTER value) could not accept a centering factor of zero.
- [D4838] OPUS Stations - OPUS Factor and Centering controls on the GPS Options dialog were not disabled when appropriate.
- [D4888] TDS-Level Converter - If the input level file contains a peg test, it may not convert.
- [T1190] License Manager - Improved error messages have been added to the License Manager utility for easier troubleshooting.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7.2 Install (includes all conversion utilities):
Existing MicroSurvey STAR*NET users with a current maintenance plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET can also be run in a 10-station limited trial version for demonstration purposes.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Product Website:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Online Training Movies:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Release Notes:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Upgrade Notes:
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 7 Known Issues:
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the STAR*NET 7 install):
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (requires a password to install, must be purchased separately):