New items in Version 9: click here for a brief summary of the top new features and improvements of the latest version. For a PDF of the full release notes, click here.
- Improved workflow to set antenna height.
South Galaxy G1 & G6 Shake mode:
- Added support for new feature on GNSS receiver that eliminates the
reliance on the digital compass when the instrument is tilted for measurements.
Negative Antenna Heights:
- Allow for setting negative antenna heights for GNSS instruments.
Total Station Toolbar:
- Updated Search button split to left and right search, removed double tap mode switch
- Updated Disto S901 Assistant workflow and onscreen instructions.
- Significant new feature to facilitate fast collection of repetitive features such as roadway cross
sections or by a common theme. Full support of multiple concurrent linework figures and full automation of
code selection is possible to increase productivity.
- A new option has been added to calculate the transformation parameters from
control points to transform a range of points. This is similar to the Helmerts functionality in MicroSurvey CAD.
- The main menus have been revised and updated to provide a more consistent user
- The Project Manager was modified to allow quicker project loading. [
- FieldGenius Premium now includes an MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) module that
features our Auto-Locate Staking functionality to mark a point on a wall, floor or ceiling, or to project a pipe
through a wall.
RAW file encryption:
- The encryption setting for the project RAW file is now automatically retained and saved
to program defaults when the user toggles the setting. Previously the encryption toggle would always be
disabled by default for new projects.
Power Search Improvements:
- One click process to initiate power search to either directions
- Optimized search directions for both data collector and total station onboard versions
- A reverse configuration can be found in the Search Setting screen
Redesigned GNSS Offset Routine :
- GNSS measurements and direction vectors can now be measured inside the offset routine
- Offset values can be applied onto multiple GNSS measurements
GNSS Trilateration Routine - GNSS measurements for 2 static points can be measured inside the trilateration routine by double clicking the point fields.
Stakeout Productivity Report - A new staking cutsheet has been added to report the number of points being staked out per day.
Alignment Staking - users can now put any offset values on a template and the elevation/grade will be automatically calculated.
Onboard Version Enhancements - Various aspects of the application has been improved to provide a more polished experience when running onboard of a total station.
Compensator Control - Total station compensator switch has been added to the leveling screen.
World File - Both metric and imperial units are supported for the world file of georeferenced images.
Redesigned GNSS Local Transformation:
Video: Local Transformation
- All new easy-to-use interface
- Ability to export/import localization files
- Added 7 parameter Helmert transformation
- Ability to delete or reuse control points
- Improved scaling and many other options
- DXF Blocks are now supported
- Extrusion vectors on various entities are now supported
- Improvements to circles and other entities types
- Layer visibility settings from CAD programs will now be honored
- Added a dialog to show entities being during import
Advanced Point Averaging Routine - A new feature that allows user to take multiple temporary measurements of a point using either Total Stations or GNSS receivers, select the best ones, and calculate an averaged position for better accuracy and reliability.
Video: Advanced Point Averaging
Electronic Bubble Support - Tilt compensation/Rejection is now available on supported GNSS receivers that enables tilted surveying at corners or edges of walls.
Video: Electronic Bubble
GIS Attributes for Figures:
- GIS Attributes are now supported for figures
- Users can quickly select Default/Previous attribute values for both points and figures.
Roads Module Improvements:
- Alignment toolbar added to enable easy navigation between alignments and Roads Manager
- Station/Offset/Cut/Fill are now visible in the observation toolbar and point database to display position relative to the selected alignments
- Added the ability to arrange alignment label intervals and orientations
Unicode Encoding Support - Unicode is now supported throughout the program, which includes point descriptions, profiles, settings, exported files, and more.
ASCII Export Improvements:
- Added the ability to sort points by either time or point ID
- Post-processing time markers can be exported in either GPS time or UTC time
- The encoding of the export file can be either ANSI or Unicode
- Added an option to export all measurements used for averaged points
- More options are available for custom ASCII export formats
Basic Measure Mode - A new measure screen has been added for total Station onboard version that allows quick measurements without even creating a project.
Total Station Target and Measurement Improvements - Target and EDM updates are now more consistent between FieldGenius and total stations. Each measurement is noticeably faster.
Dynamic Screen Rotation - FieldGenius now dynamically rotations between landscape and portrait mode on Windows 8.1+ tablets.
Total Station Angular Precision Control - Angular measurements from total stations can now be rounded to different level of precisions.
More Serial Ports - Choosing option during connection setup will allow user-definable COM port from 1 to 99.
Recap of new items in Version 7: click here for a brief summary of the top new features and improvements of Version 7, or check out the individual items below for greater detail. And, click here for an overview of Version 7.2.
Roading Module - FieldGenius now supports loading multiple LandXML files, Station Equations, Alignment Labels, and have added all polyline types for the DXF format.
Memory Optimization - Memory handling for point database and DXF files has been greatly improved, especially for Windows Mobile based devices.
Improved Stakeout Workflow and Graphics - Significantly improved stakeout graphics and workflow in FieldGenius 7, in addition to the traditional map view, you can now choose compass view or grid view. You can also select different viewing directions, and our new "Next Pnt" button provides you with variety of options to select the next staking point.
Video: Stakeout Improvements
Instrument Reconnection Improvements - Users will now have the option to automatically reconnect to the previous instrument. This will happen in 3 scenarios, when application start-up, when instrument resumes from hibernation, or when device comes back in range after connection was dropped. If the "always auto-reconnect" option is checked, the instruments will be automatically reconnected without user intervention.
Video: Automatic Device Reconnection
Improved Project Creation Workflow - The third item is improved project creation workflow, We have centralized all of the project settings in one location, and can be saved as default. This combined with instrument reconnection allows you to create a new project and go to map view with only 2 clicks, and improves work efficiency.
Video: Project Creation
RTCM Transformation Messages - The RTCM 3.1 Transformation Messages are now fully supported. When connect to an enabled NTRIP caster, this allows both horizontal and vertical coordinate systems being dynamically transferred through correction messages. No predefined coordinate systems are needed.
Video: RTCM Transformation Messages
Video Point Scanning - Enables users to easily define complex scan areas using Nova MS50 total station onboard cameras, scan point cloud data, and transfer/export data automatically. Also added half dome mode, perfect for ceiling/floor scanning.
Video: Video Point Scanning
User-Defined ASCII Export - User will now have the ability to define unlimited fields and formats in our ASCII export screen.
Video: User-Defined ASCII Export
Multiple Point Backsight - New Multi-Backsight routine can be utilized to combine multiple control points and calculate a more accurate backsight orientation.
Video: Multiple Point Backsight
Bluetooth Device Manager - Added a new Bluetooth Device Manager to store Bluetooth devices. When switching equipment, a user do not need to perform a new search, and the profile can be transferred to other data collectors easily.
Video: Bluetooth Device Manager
NTRIP Caster Manager - Users can now save all of the NTRIP settings in the caster manager, and can switch between and connect to NTRIP casters without entering the settings again. NTRIP profile file can also be copied to other devices directly.
Video: NTRIP Caster Manager
GNSS Tolerance Override - Users will now have an option to store GNSS measurements even when position tolerance is exceeded. A warning icon will be displayed when storing points with inadequate status.
Video: GNSS Tolerance Override