West Kelowna, BC
Are you looking for a career opportunity in beautiful West Kelowna, BC and have a background that is a good fit for an Accounting Technician role?
Then this could be the job for you!
We are MicroSurvey, A Hexagon Company and the software development leader for the global surveying industry.
In this position you will work under the Business Support Manager and be responsible for accounting support and administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents and records.
- Assisting with QuickBooks and QuoteWerks maintenance
- Manage Accounts Payable
- Manage Accounts Receivable
- Manage Bank Accounts
- Manage Credit Card expenses
- Hyperion Month End Upload
- Miscellaneous admin tasks, as needed
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of, or enrolled in, college coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, or a related field
- Experience with spreadsheet and financial accounting software - MS Office Suite & QuickBooks preferred
- Knowledge of advanced bookkeeping practices, principles of double entry and accrual accounting
- Understanding of techniques used to reconcile accounts and identify and resolve discrepancies
- Able to make calculations and tabulations and review accounting and related documents accurately and rapidly
- Organize, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
MicroSurvey Software builds verticalized product lines for the Surveying and Public Safety markets. We’re looking for a Survey Desktop Product Manager who owns his/her assigned product portfolio in a product management capacity with a high level of responsibility for its position and success in the marketplace measured by sales growth and market share.
You will report to the Director of Product. This is a permanent position and candidates can choose to work out of our Kelowna main office, or remotely (with approval).
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Defining Segment Solution(s), Product Roadmaps, and Project Proposals
- Define and own the product portfolio roadmap for the Surveying Segment portfolio ensuring alignment with divisional plans and roadmaps
- Strong ability to extrapolate requirements and complete competitive analysis
- Collaborate and foster relationships within Microsurvey and parent company divisions to align future product enhancements and delivery
- Collaborate with the development group and use a SCRUM framework to define and execute work schedules and sprints
- Capture the voice of the customer and align priorities with customer needs and industry trends
- Provide strong business cases and rationale (path to revenue)
- Define a three generation (3G) strategy and roadmap for all products in your portfolio
New Product Introduction
- Take ownership of product messaging, regional launch plans, and market facing collateral
- Train and support sales team(s) and if needed channel partners on features and benefits of new solutions
- Develop pricing models for new solutions as required
- Have strong financial acumen and follow up on product portfolio finances ensuring expected performance is met
Product Financials and Performance
- Monitor segment financial performance by product group and regions as measured by revenue and sales growth
- Gather feedback from selling units and sales teams on product performance
Overall Market Needs and Trends
- Collect global market intelligence and general trends in the Surveying Segment
- Be able to estimate total addressable market models plus market size, growth, and regional opportunities
- Monitor competitive offerings, their messaging, activities, and pricing
- Attend trade shows and represent MicroSurvey and the products in your portfolio
- Visit customers to see our products in action. Identify product gaps, and workflow improvements
- Frequently communicate findings to management
Commercial Ownership and Engagement
- Support regional sales teams and selling units during tender submittals from a pricing and technical perspective
- Drive the creation of regional “sales plays” and bundles.
- Explore other commercial options such as trade-in / trade-up programs and engage with sales management to create customized and meaningful campaigns
- Provide general commercial guidance as applicable
Characteristic and Skills
- Very high level of customer focus
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organization and influence others
- Decision making skills
- Ability to raise challenges diplomatically, and work through matrixed organization(s) in a way that finds collaborative goals and solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and financial acumen
- Technically strong
- Ability to travel within the Canada, USA and internationally occasionally.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Geomatics, Surveying, or equivalent degree or diploma
- 2+ years of product management experience desired. Those without prior product management experience may still apply as training may be provided for the right candidate.
- 2+ years geospatial product and market experience
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of industry standard geospatial products such as CAD, data collection, least squares, GIS and other market or segment related products is required.
- Commercial and sales experience a plus
- International experience a plus
MicroSurvey Software offers a competitive salary and benefits package. MicroSurvey’s headquarters is in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Kelowna, BC, Canada. We offer flexible work arrangements that include working in our office, or remotely from your home. MicroSurvey is also part of the Hexagon group of companies.
If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Survey Desktop Product Manager" to the email subject line.
Follow us on:
MicroSurvey Software Inc., part of Hexagon, develops and markets specialized software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Mapping Professionals, Police Officers and Accident Reconstruction Specialists. Our head office is in West Kelowna, British Columbia, but our team is mostly remote. Learn more at www.microsurvey.com.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Developer to join our team and advance their career!
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment, intermediate to advanced C++ development and other requisite skills, and a passion for building professional applications with a very large code base and many complex, interconnected components. We want someone with enough knowledge and experience to quickly become a productive and valued part of our team, with a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to learn and master new technologies.
Your first three months are focused on learning about our company and our products, getting to know your teammates and working with them to understand our development tools and processes. You can then dive into our vast codebase, tackling assigned work items to improve our product. By the end of your first year, you will be a productive member of our highly supportive and collaborative team!
This is a remote position, and you will work primarily out of your own home office. However, we require that you be a Canadian resident and follow a work schedule that overlaps with the rest of our team. Occasional travel to our West Kelowna office may be required.
- You will work as part of a diverse team to take new product ideas from concept to delivery
- You will work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- You will mentor and guide your teammates of all experience levels
- You will design and develop software solutions in a team environment based on provided requirements
- You will write project design specifications following requirements and best-practices
- You will derive development time estimates and timelines based on project design
- You will write new code and maintain existing code, applying unit tests for code validation
- You will use our established software development standards and practices
- You will participate in code reviews
- You will conduct functional testing of your work before assigning it to QA
- You will review project requirement specifications and provide advice on project feasibility
- You will use source control to manage code effectively
- You will advise on selecting, implementing, and refining internal development tools and processes
- You will collaborate with the technical support team on critical customer issues
Required Qualifications & Aptitudes
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
- You take great pride in building robust software and have excellent debugging and testing skills
- You have intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience with C++
- You have intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience with Git or other source control system
- You have experience with at least one scripting language for automating trivial or routine tasks
- You have a strong interest in continually refining and improving your software development abilities
- You enjoy learning new technologies and will commit to continuous learning and education
- You enjoy solving logic problems or puzzles and can think your way through complex scenarios
- You enjoy solving mathematical problems and are not intimidated by geometry and trigonometry
- You are results-driven and have a solid ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- You can work collaboratively with diverse people in cross-functional teams
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- You have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- You have knowledge and experience programming with libraries such as MFC or STL
- You have knowledge and experience with Lisp or AutoLisp
- You have knowledge and experience with database design and queries
- You have knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies like Scrum
- You have familiarity with AutoCAD or similar programs
- You have familiarity with geomatics, geodesy, surveying, mapping, GIS, construction, or forensics fields
- You have familiarity with surveying equipment, including GNSS receivers, total stations, or laser scanners
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Software Developer (C++)" to the email subject line.