The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for operating in an individual sales territory to yield profitable sales and sales growth. You will call on existing and potential customers in North America's surveying, construction, and civil engineering segments. In addition to keeping your existing client base satisfied, you will eagerly search for opportunities to add new customers and grow your territory. The key to success is to increase market share for new and existing products, meet or exceed annual sales and profit margin goals, and work towards all customers being repeat customers.
Candidates can work out of our Kelowna main office in British Columbia or remotely anywhere in North America (with approval).
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Develop territory sales and meet sales objectives for their region (70%)
- Able to develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts (direct and dealer); prospecting and soliciting new accounts (direct and dealer); building rapport with all prospects.
- Service existing customers in the territory by building relationships with key customers, suppliers, and industry associations. Consultative selling and promotion of MicroSurvey Software products and services within customer segments in the assigned territory
- Identify client requirements and proactively and professionally recommend and sell programs, products, and services.
- Proposing solutions to customers by providing technical information, guidance, and demonstrations of MicroSurvey software.
- Respond to inbound leads, make regular outbound calls, and cold calls and prospect for new business
- Provide regular forecast and sales pipeline updates to the Sales Manager
- Plan and conducts programs and activities (focused regional marketing efforts and campaigns, regional training efforts and dealer and customer demonstrations and meetings etc.) that will drive the growth of the MicroSurvey brand in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows for territory as required.
Account management (10%)
- Serves as the primary point of contact for their accounts and dealers.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts for new business (add-on sales, cross-product sales, new product needs etc.)
- Alert internal teams to lost sales opportunities and the associated reasons, identify and report changing customer or market needs that require multifunctional team approach or development efforts to ensure the team sets priorities and objectives to drive future sales.
Business Planning and territory management (10%)
- Develops an Annual Business Plan for the Territory, focusing on business planning steps within the span of control, as well as needs from cross-functional partners.
- Provides analytic insight on customer needs and territory data, reports issues and opportunities, utilizing all available company resources.
- Reports new product ideas/suggestions, market trends and competition.
- Utilizes CRM (ACT) to document all communication and opportunity in the territory.
- Sends a monthly and quarterly business update report to the Sales Manager.
- Completes and submits Expense Reports as required
- Manages demo and loaner equipment or sample requests.
- Participates in sales meetings to report on overall territory status and provide feedback.
Characteristics and Skills
- Very high level of customer focus
- Results-oriented and a strong desire to win
- Self-motivating and strong work ethic
- In-depth knowledge of the sales process, negotiating, and demonstrated closing skills
- Not afraid of the phone and making calls. Strong belief in prospecting for leads.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. High English proficiency is a must.
- Technically strong with computers and software and excellent at demoing software
- Ability to travel within Canada and the USA.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary school education (Technical Diploma or Degree) with emphasis on any of the following disciplines
- Surveying or Geomatics,
- Must have three to five years of work, business development or sales experience in a related field
Preference will be given to candidates with existing sales experience of geospatial products such as CAD, data collection, least squares, GIS and other market or segment-related products.
- Experience with MicroSurvey solutions such as MicroSurvey CAD, STAR*NET or FieldGenius is an asset.
MicroSurvey Software offers a competitive salary and benefits package. MicroSurvey’s headquarters is in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Kelowna, BC, Canada. We offer flexible work arrangements, including working in our office or remotely from home. MicroSurvey is also part of the Hexagon group of companies.
MicroSurvey Software is part of Hexagon.
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Sales Representative" to the email subject line.
MicroSurvey Software Inc., part of Hexagon, develops and markets specialized software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Mapping Professionals, Police Officers and Accident Reconstruction Specialists. Our head office is in West Kelowna, British Columbia, but our team is mostly remote. Learn more at www.microsurvey.com.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Developer to join our team and advance their career!
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment, intermediate to advanced C++ development and other requisite skills, and a passion for building professional applications with a very large code base and many complex, interconnected components. We want someone with enough knowledge and experience to quickly become a productive and valued part of our team, with a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to learn and master new technologies.
Your first three months are focused on learning about our company and our products, getting to know your teammates and working with them to understand our development tools and processes. You can then dive into our vast codebase, tackling assigned work items to improve our product. By the end of your first year, you will be a productive member of our highly supportive and collaborative team!
This is a remote position, and you will work primarily out of your own home office. However, we require that you be a Canadian resident and follow a work schedule that overlaps with the rest of our team. Occasional travel to our West Kelowna office may be required.
- You will work as part of a diverse team to take new product ideas from concept to delivery
- You will work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- You will mentor and guide your teammates of all experience levels
- You will design and develop software solutions in a team environment based on provided requirements
- You will write project design specifications following requirements and best-practices
- You will derive development time estimates and timelines based on project design
- You will write new code and maintain existing code, applying unit tests for code validation
- You will use our established software development standards and practices
- You will participate in code reviews
- You will conduct functional testing of your work before assigning it to QA
- You will review project requirement specifications and provide advice on project feasibility
- You will use source control to manage code effectively
- You will advise on selecting, implementing, and refining internal development tools and processes
- You will collaborate with the technical support team on critical customer issues
Required Qualifications & Aptitudes
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
- You take great pride in building robust software and have excellent debugging and testing skills
- You have intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience with C++
- You have intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience with Git or other source control system
- You have experience with at least one scripting language for automating trivial or routine tasks
- You have a strong interest in continually refining and improving your software development abilities
- You enjoy learning new technologies and will commit to continuous learning and education
- You enjoy solving logic problems or puzzles and can think your way through complex scenarios
- You enjoy solving mathematical problems and are not intimidated by geometry and trigonometry
- You are results-driven and have a solid ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- You can work collaboratively with diverse people in cross-functional teams
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- You have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- You have knowledge and experience programming with libraries such as MFC or STL
- You have knowledge and experience with Lisp or AutoLisp
- You have knowledge and experience with database design and queries
- You have knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies like Scrum
- You have familiarity with AutoCAD or similar programs
- You have familiarity with geomatics, geodesy, surveying, mapping, GIS, construction, or forensics fields
- You have familiarity with surveying equipment, including GNSS receivers, total stations, or laser scanners
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Software Developer (C++)" to the email subject line.
Are you looking for a career opportunity in beautiful West Kelowna, BC and have a background that is a good fit for an Accounting Technician role? Then this could be the job for you!
We are MicroSurvey, A Hexagon Company and the software development leader for the global surveying industry.
In this position you will work under the Business Support Manager and be responsible for accounting support and administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents and records.
• Assisting with QuickBooks and QuoteWerks maintenance
• Manage Accounts Payable
• Manage Accounts Receivable
• Manage Bank Accounts
• Manage Credit Card expenses
• Hyperion Month End Upload
• Miscellaneous admin tasks, as needed
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Completion of, or enrolled in, college coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, or a related field
• Experience with spreadsheet and financial accounting software - MS Office Suite & QuickBooks preferred
• Knowledge of advanced bookkeeping practices, principles of double entry and accrual accounting
• Understanding of techniques used to reconcile accounts and identify and resolve discrepancies
• Able to make calculations and tabulations and review accounting and related documents accurately and rapidly
• Organize, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
• Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Senior Accounting Technician" to the email subject line.