Software Developer (C++/C#)
MicroSurvey Software Inc. develops and markets a family of specialized software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Mapping Professionals, Police Officers and Accident Reconstruction Specialists. We are located in West Kelowna, British Columbia and are part of Hexagon. Learn more at www.microsurvey.com.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced C++/C# Software Developer to join our team in West Kelowna, BC, Canada.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years experience developing software in a corporate environment, intermediate to advanced C++ and/or C# development and other requisite skills, the proven ability to work with a very large code base with many complex and interconnected components, the adaptability to work on multiple projects and with different technologies, and a passion for building professional applications.
We will invest in your knowledge gaps, enabling you to integrate into and enhance our team. You will collaborate with other developers of varying experience and skill levels, and non-developers within our cross-functional team. You will mentor and advise other developers on systems design, implementation details and best-practices. You are receptive to the ideas and constructive critiques of other developers. You have a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to quickly learn and eventually master new technologies. You are proud of your accomplishments, and have a strong desire to build innovative, cutting-edge technologies and systems.
- design and develop software solutions in a team environment
- work as part of a diverse team to take new product ideas from concept to delivery
- support existing products through defect investigation, resolution, and testing
- write new code and maintain existing code
- use our established software development standards and practices
- use source control to effectively manage code
- review software requirement specifications and provide advice on project feasibility
- write software design specifications, in accordance with project requirements and best-practices
- derive accurate development time estimates and timelines based on project design
- show agility when faced with changing project requirements
- develop and maintain unit test cases
- conduct functional testing
- participate in code reviews
- ensure both product quality and code quality
- work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- mentor and guide other members of the team, from junior to other senior developers
- provide advice in selecting, implementing, and refining internal development tools and processes
- commit to continuous learning in a fast-paced and quickly-evolving business
- continually refine and improve your software development abilities
- take ownership, pride, and responsibility in your own work and the work of the team around you
- provide technical expertise to the technical support team on critical customer issues
Required Qualifications & Aptitudes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience in a corporate environment
- Excellent debugging and testing skills
- Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent people skills and can work effectively with peers’ diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience analyzing and optimizing algorithm performance
- Strong background in object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge and experience with C++ and/or C# (preferably both)
- Knowledge and experience with Git or other source control system
- Knowledge and experience with any scripting language
- Knowledge and experience solving mathematical problems especially geometry and trigonometry
- Must be able to travel between USA and Canada
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Xamarin
- Knowledge and experience with UI design and development using WinForms and XAML
- Knowledge and experience with database design and queries
- Knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies like Scrum
- Familiarity with the fields of geomatics, geodesy, surveying, mapping, GIS, construction, or forensics
- Familiarity with surveying equipment including GNSS receivers, total stations, or laser scanners
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people who are looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please Apply Here.
Forensic Sales Representative
Regional Sales Representative – Forensic Business
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Regional Forensic Sales Representative.
MicroSurvey, part of Hexagon, is a world leader in software development, providing market-specific solutions and services for surveyors, engineers, public safety and mapping professionals.
Specializing in the development of industry-specific solutions since 1985, MicroSurvey produces mobile software for use with total stations and GPS, as well as a full complement of desktop solutions to increase efficiency and productivity in the office.
From single user applications to countrywide government implementations, MicroSurvey solutions are used around the globe for Land Surveying, Engineering, Mapping, Law Enforcement, Forensic and Accident Reconstruction.
We are a Kelowna based software company with global reach and ambitious growth plans for 2019 and beyond. Our growth plans require the addition of an Account Sales Representative to take care of an existing territory and client base. The position reports to the Sales Manager, and you will have a responsibility in three key areas; sales, new business development and client retention.
Responsibilities and Duties
Develop territory sales and meet sales objectives for their region (70%)
- Able to develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts (direct and dealer); prospecting and soliciting new accounts (direct and dealer); building rapport with all prospects.
- Service existing customers in the territory by building relationships with key customers, suppliers, and industry associations. Consultative selling and promotion of MicroSurvey Software products and services within customer segments in the assigned territory
- Identify client requirements, proactively and professionally recommend and sells programs, products and services; proposing solutions to customers by providing technical information, guidance and demonstrations of MicroSurvey software
- Respond to inbound leads, make regular outbound calls, cold calls and prospect for new business
- Provide regular forecast and sales pipeline updates to the Sales Manager
- Plan and conducts programs and activities (focused regional marketing efforts and campaigns, regional training efforts and dealer and customer demonstrations and meetings etc…) that will drive the growth of the MicroSurvey brand in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows for territory as required.
Account management (10%)
- You will serve as the primary point of contact for their accounts and dealers.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts for new business (add on sales, cross product sales, new product needs etc.). Uses company resources appropriately to move towards the achievement of the set goal(s) for the account.
- Alert internal teams to lost sales opportunities and the associated reasons, identify and report changing customer or market needs that require multifunctional team approach or development efforts, to ensure the team sets priorities and objectives that will drive future sales.
Business Planning and territory management (10%)
- Develops an Annual Business Plan for the Territory, focusing on business planning steps within the span of control, as well as needs from cross-functional partners.
- Provides analytic insight on customer needs and territory data, report issues and opportunities, utilizing all available company resources.
- Reports new product ideas/suggestion, market trends and information on the competition to management.
- Utilizes CRM (ACT) to document all communication and opportunity in the territory.
- Submit a monthly and quarterly business update report to the Sales Manager.
- Completes and submits Expense Reports as required
- Manages demo and loaner equipment or sample requests.
- Participates in monthly sales meeting to report on overall territory status and provide feedback.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Foster Collaboration
- Results Oriented
- Communication Skills
- Selling and Closing skills
- Customer Driven Focus
- Strong Business acumen
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
The position is full-time and based out of our main offices headquartered in Kelowna British Columbia. This position will require some domestic travel to cover the given geography in the USA and Canada, 10% of your time- roughly 3-6 trips per year. Occasional weekend travel and work required for company meetings, trade shows and MicroSurvey Dealer or Partner conferences.
Primary communication and networking with prospects and customers will happen via telephone, email, and electronic media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Association forums, blogs etc.).
Preference will be given to candidates able to work from our office here in Kelowna, but an outside position may be considered for the right candidate.
- Post-secondary school education (Technical Diploma or Degree) with emphasis on any of the following disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering discipline or Forensic Science related field strongly preferred.
- Background in forensic science, criminal justice/law enforcement, forensic engineering or sales.
- Experience selling laser scanners, total stations or forensic equipment/public safety capital equipment and software a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to isolate and identify technical problems, formulate and demonstrate solutions. Must have three to five years work, business development or sales experience in a related field
- Proven ability to build business partnerships and to deal effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel.
- High energy, flexible individual with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing; an active listener who projects a professional demeanour
- Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to understand, anticipate and identify customer needs while using the information to provide the best-individualized service.
- Proven integrity through open and honest interactions with colleagues and encourages active participation and commitment from others in the pursuit of common goals;
- Understands roles, setting expectations, sharing information, and building consensus.
- Proven ability to close sales, growing a territory and existing accounts through referrals
- Solid understanding of Business to Business based sales as opposed to Retail sales.
- Has sold value added vs price
- Dealing with top decision-makers and multiple decision makers
- Comfortable with phone-based selling, making cold calls
- Familiarity with commission based selling and working with a long sales cycle
- Comfortable prospecting for new business
- Must have three to five years work, business development or sales experience in a related field
Technical Support Representative
About the Position
MicroSurvey software creates, markets and supports software and hardware tools that are used worldwide by land surveyors, civil engineers, construction professionals and forensic reconstructionists. MicroSurvey is based in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. We are seeking a new member for our support and development team with strong interpersonal and communication skills, an organized approach to seeking and documenting solutions to technical problems, strong research skills and familiarity with surveying practices, surveying calculations and CAD software. Experience with MicroSurvey CAD, FieldGenius and STAR*NET software will be a significant asset. Knowledge of geodetics, GPS technology and least squares adjustment, or a willingness to research and learn about these topics will be important.
Primary roles include responding to phone and email requests for assistance, updating company records about support interactions, creating video, text and web based training and marketing resources for the use of clients and staff members, and providing training in person and online. You will also work closely with our development team, identifying areas for product improvement and relaying client requests for new features and functionality.
This is an excellent position for a technologist or experienced field surveyor. The work familiarizes you with practices and geodetic problems throughout the world and allows you to gain experience with leading edge technologies. At MicroSurvey, we are praised for our familiarity with industry practices because of our hiring practices and we hope you can bring your experience with you to this interesting and challenging position.
MicroSurvey offers a competitive salary and benefits package based upon your qualifications, and is a local business which has been based in the Okanagan for 25 years.
Telephone and Helpdesk Customer Assistance
- Provide a friendly, courteous experience for customers and prospective customers when they reach the support department
- Respond to support emails via Helpdesk and receive support calls
- Contact customers to assist when requested by sales staff
- Offer solutions to well-known problems to customers, and follow up to ensure explanations were understood
- Troubleshoot and document software issues following a methodical troubleshooting algorithm
- Research solutions for newly encountered issues or required new solutions
- Maintain “ACT” client contact database
- Maintain Helpdesk articles and client database
Find and Diagnose Defects
- Verify and if necessary report defects when encountered during testing, support or training
- Identify “workarounds” as a short term solution for customers who have encountered defects.
- Suggest changes and methods for the improvement of our products
- Test new versions and updates
- Confirm bug fixes
- Maintain “Ontime” bug tracking system
Documentation and Training
- Assist with the development and proofreading of printed manuals
- Update Helpdesk technical articles and trouble shooter
- Perform research to learn about new technologies and techniques
- Provide training and support for sales people and internal staff
- Communicate with prospects to assist in their evaluation of the software
- Assist prospects in transitioning from other solutions to MicroSurvey
- Attend trade shows or training sessions, which may include international travel
- Devise “advanced solutions” for prospects and customers that are beyond the core functionality of the software.
Benefits program includes Life Insurance, including limited Dependent Life Insurance Coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended HealthCare (including a Vision Care program), and Dental care.
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people who are looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Please also add "Technical Support Position" to the email subject line.