Integrated Survey, Design and CAD
AutoCAD Compatible: MicroSurvey CAD is compatible with AutoCAD filesAn integrated program needs the ability to read standard drawing files. With MicroSurvey CAD all your files are stored in industry standard .dwg format. No conversions are necessary. Our Project Manager displays the drawing preview for .dwg files so you can see the contents before you open the file. The program will round trip all custom proxy objects that may have been added to the drawing by non-standard software. No data is lost by opening in MicroSurvey CAD and re-saving the drawing. Everything is maintained in the .dwg file that was originally there. In order to maintain compatibility with standard AutoCAD, MicroSurvey does not create any custom proxy objects in the DWG file. Every entity that is created by MicroSurvey CAD can be manipulated by any standard AutoCAD® version.
Shape Files, Fonts, Linetypes, Hatch Files All Work FineMicroSurvey CAD can utilize shape files, fonts, linetypes, and hatch files from AutoCAD. This means that if you have a custom shx font file in your AutoCAD installation, you can use it in your MicroSurvey CAD installation. The fonts will look the same. MicroSurvey CAD also reads and writes DXF files in case you need to go to a non-AutoCAD product.
Powerful Survey, Geodetic and Geospatial Data Routines
Geospatial Data and Imagery
- Enhance your drawing with geospatial data and imagery, loaded from local files or streamed from online sources.
- Powered by Blue Marble Geographics' Global Mapper SDK v15.
- Over 150 supported file formats including Raster Images, Shapefiles, LiDAR, GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, Microstation DGN, ASCII Coordinates, ESRI, ERDAS, Garmin, KML, COLLADA, Sketchup, and many many many more...
- Stream online imagery from any WMS (Web Map Service), WCS (Web Coverage Service), OSM (OpenStreetMap Tiles), Google Maps Tiles, TMS (Tile Map Service), WFS (Web Feature Services), or WMTS (tiled WMS) source.
- Select MsTools > Global Mapper from the menus, or type GLOBAL_MAPPER at the command line.
Store & Edit Geodetic Position
- Store & Edit the geodetic position of grid points using a new dialog with the same look-and-feel as the standard Store & Edit Points command.
- Edit the Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Description, Note, etc for each point.
- View the Northing and Easting for each point (read-only).
- View the Combined Scale Factor for each point (read-only).
- View the Convergence Angle for each point (read-only).
Identify Geodetic PositionIdentify the geodetic position (including the Latitude, Longitude, Combined Scale Factor, and Convergence Angle) of grid points by clicking in your drawing.
Label Geodetic PositionLabel the geodetic position (including the Latitude, Longitude, Combined Scale Factor, and Convergence Angle) of grid points in your drawing, with customizable format and precision options.
Coordinate System Search
- Search for appropriate coordinate systems, based on a specified latitude/longitude position.
- Select your appropriate system from the search results, and instantly set it as your drawing's Coordinate System.
Active Coordinate Editor: Coordinate Systems
- You can now view columns showing the Combined Scale Factor for each coordinate. You can now view columns showing the Convergence Angle for each coordinate.
- You can now view columns showing the Elevation for each transformed coordinate.
- The Coordinate Systems dialog has been reworked to make it more intuitive and easier to use.
Complete Traverse or Network Adjustments
Angle Balance Transit, Compass, Crandall's classical methods Vertical Balance Full 3D Least Squares Adjustment with:A full 3D least squares adjustment can be done if there is redundancy in your traverse network. It is fully integrated to directly read MicroSurvey traverse files, sort the observation data, compute adjusted coordinate values for all points (including sideshots) and update your drawing database. The program supports adjustment in 1, 2 or 3 dimensions and provides three levels of reporting, complete with statistical analysis. This is just the tool you need for computing closed traverse networks that are not easily balanced using traditional methods. Integrated in the adjustment package is blunder detection, published instrument errors, graphical elipse display, reprocessing and network pre-analysis. Watch a movie here.Blunder detection Instrument Storage Graphical Ellipse Display Reprocessing and Pre-analysis